User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cars at Tunehouse!

'FAIRLY' Conservative lol. HPF most conservative dyno I ever seen. I'd be delighted to line up a 210fwkw tunehouse mps with my 170fwkw hpf mps lol. Im sure some would agree too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Tunehouse dyno is fairly conservative. Its about % increase over stock..

sent from my galaxy s2
    Your right but i saw an increase on the day of my tune from 132fwkw to 183fwkw lol i know 100% i did not gain 35-40% through a tune.

I think we are all wanting to defend our tuners since we experience there greatness first hand in the MPS's but i think personally from the cars i've had runs against the 180fwkw i've got is hugely understated... And in saying that i'd struggle to understand how a MPS with 200ish fwkw can put power down in decent gear lol
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

James are you stalking me? lol
    I'm just tryin to stir up some runs lol

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I'm getting bored of talk, I wanna see some 'walk the talk' lol. Many people get ancie when you ask them to do a qtr mile. Driver skill is 99% needed to gain a good circuit track time thats true. But drag times are more an expression of what your car do do from 0-170 or whatever. A more accurate measure of engine power than on a circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    James are you stalking me? lol
    I'm just tryin to stir up some runs lol

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I'm getting bored of talk, I wanna see some 'walk the talk' lol. Many people get ancie when you ask them to do a qtr mile. Driver skill is 99% needed to gain a good circuit track time thats true. But drag times are more an expression of what your car do do from 0-170 or whatever. A more accurate measure of engine power than on a circuit.
    my car was pulling 107 mph at then of qtr
    even with a crappy 2.5s 60ft
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Mine did a 105mph with 2.0 60ft. It also did a 106mph with 2.4 60ft. I can't drag race... lol

John you pulled a 112 mph remember!!!

can someone say HIJACKED!!!!! this thread has been...

Chris, I'll be booking in very soon.

Summary (imo),
    If you dont know exactly the benifits and drawbacks of any given mod not only in itself but in relation to anyother mod you have (or even plan to have) YOU SHOULD NOT BE GETTING IT...
    Research is needed, just like you didnt buy your car without research...and there is plenty of information on this site and also on the interweb-net-googlemachine.....

And as far as the knowlege of the MPS's, the knowlege here is excelent, i dont think theres much a new MPS owner could consider to do to their car that has not been attempted/discarded/thought of etc. by a member here. If search yields nothing, then ask away, but asking questions that can be easily answered by searching/reading some threads is like saying "im not really prepared to learn so you must teach me". this dosnt seem to go over well on a forum habitated by enthusiasts who love their cars and have a passion for them.

The other option, if you have not done your research and do not care enough to learn, is to find someone who knows what they are doing, throw money at them and say 'I want it Louder/faster etc'
    (I am in now way speculating that this is anyones frame of mind, only that it is an option alternate to researching towards your desired outcome )

So, we all love our cars, otherwise we would own some other junk and not even be a member of a car forum.
    Happy Motoring and...... look what ive done, ive gone and further hijacked this thread .......endrant

Oh, and dont forget to Z Z
    Last edited by Dices; 01-10-2011 at 02:09 AM.
    Dices......shoosh now Marty......

2010 BL 3 MPS Lux - MPS-101 | CP-e SRI, TIP, TMIC, DP| CS Air Box | Cobb AP | Autotech HPFP internals
    Turbosmart Dual Port BPV | REM 60 Durio | Dashmate-mat | Lakin | Carbon vinyl M | Sharks fin | therpmstore gas struts
    Tints, Dark | Tail Lights Tinted | Rear Reflector LED's | Twin DRL's | Mirrors w/ turn signal LEDs

Not Installed yet : Prosport Boost, Water & EGT | Fog HID's

WISH list : Springs | New Rims | Big Brakes

^^^^...........wtf...............

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    ^^^^...........wtf...............
    Hence the 'end rant' at the end.....

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 11gen2mps View Post
    Hi Chris, thanks for your information.

I wanted to ask you and anyone else that would know, on your website you have three different tunes, Dyno tuning, Flash tuning and ECU tuning. What is the difference between the first and the third ones? Arent they both esentially the same thing? Or is the ECU tune meant to replace the manufacturers ECU?

Bare with me because im a little slow!

Also, i wanted to get the Spec S Dyno tune but if i wanted to get a flash tune, which one would i go about getting first?

I am getting a few modifications done to my car(SRI or CAI dont know yet, turbo inlet pipe and im looking to get a complete exhaust system) should i do these modifications first and then get a tune?

Before i do the above mods though, im getting swaybars and an engine mount installed, should i do these mods in any particular order? Logically i think it would be better to do the swaybars, engine mount followed by the CAI/SRI/turbo inlet pipe and then the complete exhaust modification? But i have limited knowledge with cars so i need an experts opinion on these things.

Can you recommend an exhaust system that would beef up my performance but keep my car relativley quiet and stock-sounding? I want a bit more noise than the stock pumps out but not a shitload, and i dont want the car to be heaps "vibey" when im driving.

All advice is much appreciated, thanks.
    Hi 11Gen2MPS,

Just saw your reply mate - May apologies!

The 3 links on the front page aren't meant to really split up the options - More links to info on each concept for clients.

Dyno tuning - In the most general sense of the word (all cars and types)
    Flash Tuning - Reflahsing options for factory ECU's such EcuTek, SCT and VCM Platforms...
    ECU Tuning - All kinds of aftermarket tuning solutions.

As for your options - We Prefer Flash tuning of the factory ECU. In the case of the Mazda 3 MPS, 6 MPS and CX7 we use the EcuTek tuning tool for this. Every car is Custom tuned on the dyno by Jim Ghelis, owner and tuner here at tunehouse. While we use EcuTek as the tuning tool, it is flash tuning (as such) and is still 'Dyno tuned' for the best results on each and every car - Not flashing a 'pre developed' map and hoping for the best.

As you will be turning up with some mods, you would be getting an EcuTek upgrade and Tunehouse Custom Dyno Tune. Your mdos are already outside our pacakges, hwoever we are more than happy and capable of developing a map for your car and your mods - no drama at all! 8-)

As for an exhaust that will deliver the grunt without the noise? Ours! 8-) Give me a call (02 9557 4000) or email me anytime (chris@tunehouse.com.au) for some pricing. Our THR Dump and Cat combo is designed to offer the maximum response and flow potential while mating to your factory cat back system meaning the note will change slightly, but generally will be no louder than factory.

I hope that helps - In any case if you are after more detail, don't hesitate to drop into the shop, Meet Jim and the Team at Tunehouse and have a chat about your plans anytime. We're open from 7.30 until altleast 6.30 PM Monday to Friday and every Saturday from 8.30 until 2.30PM.

Kind Regards
    Chris Milne
    Tunehouse
    e: chris@tunehouse.com.au
    p: (02) 9557 4000
    e: TUNEHOUSE | Premium Automotive Workshop
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

11 Chalder Street, Marrickville NSW

All Upgrades 100% Custom Dyno Tuned! Performance - Service - Innovation

HKS | COSWORTH| ECUTEK | TEIN | WHITELINE | DBA | KW | VIPEC

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456