User Tag List

Thread: Old Red Car (help)

1. Default Old Red Car (help)

Okay guys I need to cut and polish a 1987 Holden Astra.

It is red (hasnt) been looked after, anyway it is fairly rough.
    I am plaining on cut and polishing it on wednesday.

Its not my car and I dont want to spend a fortune on it (supercheap/big W will be where I am buying products).

So what do you recommend that I use on it ( I'm definitely not clay barring it), I am not trying to turn it into a masterpiece just brighten it up.

Thanks guys

Used to have a red VL Commodore that was like what you say
    Used to use polyglaze cut and polish.
    Works brilliantly, and its cheap and easy to use.

Or you could try some of that coloured polish, on some cars it works great, usually acrylic painted cars.
    If you do, wear gloves, its a bigger to get it out of your skin

Ask Joel at ZAS mate! Or look him up on the forum and ask him

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Ask Joel at ZAS mate! Or look him up on the forum and ask him
    Yep, that'd be my advice also.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Sounds like you know what you want to do and how you are going to do it as far as polishing is concerned.

What I will add though is that it is important you apply some kind of wax when you are finished. If you don't it won't be long before the car looks like it did before you started again. You can go cheap on this if you want but I wouldn't suggest it.

Buying from Supercheap you'll want Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0. Then either maintain it with Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax once a month, or wash with Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax.

As an advocate for ZAS & Prima Car Care, I suggest using Amigo on oxidised red paint.

I've got a work colleague who had a very oxidised VX Commodore, dull, lifeless paint. Before she bought products from ZAS, I wanted to prove that Prima would bring back the show room shine. We did a test patch on the bonnet, as this was the most affected area, and it came up like new. Totally amazing stuff.

Likewise, I'd advise ZAS' products.
    However... if you're going to the shops, try Autoglym Paint Renovator, maybe followed by a good wax.
    Not sure if you can get it at Supercheap.
    Try a proper car shop instead ;-)