User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Could you go from an MPS to a RX-8?

when my lease runs out in 4yrs on the 2 I I might consider a MX5 or a RX8 depends what is on offer.......if there is a MPS 2 no issue about that being in the driveway.

i went from a rx8 to a mps6 and when i sell to a 350z..

the rx8 is a beautiful looking car and if you plan to weekend drive it all good. I daily drove my for 20,000 kms and had enough.

Lack of torque in traffic can get annoying but as the first reply said the handling of the car is sensational !

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    370Z comes out in May... If my finances are in line I'm trading up the MPS and my Jet Ski and getting one of those =D
    if i had $$$ id get one looks mad

3. Default

I'd consider the swap, but the car will be more rewarding on the track rather than on the street. The MPS3 will probably be more fun to drive on the street due to having more power.

Although i'm not familiar with the Renesis 13B, my old 13B in my S4 FC took a hell of a beating and still ran strong. Maintenance will strongly reflect back to reliability. I serviced my FC every 3-5,000KM's.

One major rule that i had with my old rotary was to not rev the motor past 4,000 until properly warmed up.

It is advised to actually drive the car when warming up as it will increase oil pressure.

Another tip is to redline the car once every while, as it will help burn off any carbon deposits inside the motor (not sure if this will apply with the new 13b's).

I don't own a MPS but I would get an RX8 as they are hot looking car...

Not fussed on the Nissan and Subs...well if ur into fully sic car mate..

Evo's....no thanks.

With Alan Horsley playing with a turbo RX8 in this year Targa lets see if Maz OZ do a client run of RX8 SP's......

Bring on a MPS 2 and I'm sold.

After a few recent mountain runs with our RX8 and my MPS6, i have to admit the RX8 had a big issue trying to pull away from me. I thought for sure that the cars little nippy style would lend it a BIG hand in the tight turns but it seems my AWD really is essential. Very evenly matched cars on the mountain run, only my acceleration was far more noticeable giving me an edge. During some tight turns i could pull away where the rx8 found its rear end slipping out.

We have lined up TURBO installation on the little beast but are holding off till we get the GTR. When we get bored with the GTR we will start work on the RX8, considering Turbo and DRIFT only car. Since it likes to swing that butt around! lol
    Latool- far from normal

lucifuge Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RoNi_SiZe View Post
    Hey guys, as y'all know, thinkin' abt selling up the MPS mid this yr coz I don't drive it much.

Prob save up the money till mid-end 2010 when I go back 2 Melbourne. Got 3 cars on the agenda: MY01 or 05 STi, RX8, or 350Z

I'm kinda digging the RX8... Mazda loyalty perhaps?

Well, I've never driven one. Has anyone? Can you deal w/ the power difference b/w it & the MPS?

Some things to consider from my POV, not just for the RX8 but for the other cars too:
    - probably will be a weekend car, so fuel economy is not a concern
    - possibly need to take passengers from time to time
    - only light modifications will be made (suspension, rims, exhaust, intake, body kit for the 350z)
    - Bang for buck (will be second hand market, so kms will also be in consideration)

Post ur thoughts!

Peace!

~ RoNi '09
    Going back to the original question, all of the cars you are considering, including your current MPS3 are all performance cars which couldn't be more different. In their own way, each is a great car, but the focus of each is unique.

- looks. these are highly subjective; it means nothing to hear what other people think of a car it's what you like that counts.

- drivetype. FWD, RWD, AWD, what floats your boat? Some wouldn't even consider certain types as an option.

- performance. just because a car can belt out wonderful 0-100 times doesn't mean a whole lot if it cant take corners well, and vice versa. My mx5 has approximately less than half the power my WRX had, yet it is heaps more fun.

- FI or NA? How do you like prefer the power delivery?

So which of these do you place the greater/lesser emphasis on?

The Rx8 simply put is an amazing car. It does however have some pretty extreme pro's and con's. It's handling is supremely good, well better than many a $100k+ car. It is on the whole thirsty and frankly its impossible to drive one in an economic sense, unlike other sports car offerings. As pointed out by someone above, it's an absolutely knock-out track-car, in fact I think it's far better suited to the track than then street. People bag the torque of the Rx8. This is a very misunderstood point. Torque considered by itself is meaningless unless you take into account gearing. And Mazda adopted very aggressive gearing for the Rx8. It is the wheel-torque that counts and in this regard the Rx8 is not lacking.

Owning different sorts of sports cars is often required to tell you what's most important to you. i.e. to some extent you have to live the experiences they offer. At the end of the day we should consider ourselves fairly spoilt for choice; the range of affordable and performance vehicles in this generation is simply amazing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234