User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could you go from an MPS to a RX-8?

40k? I'd stick with the MPS.

2. Default

Datsun 240Z with 3.x turbo skyline drivetrain, modern body kit bumpers etc - no evil chrome - and re-engineered suspension + custom interior.
    If I was goin' to do a rebuild like that, I'd have to go w/ the 180sx. Buy a shell, get a new kit, rust repair if needed, restore body work, full car respray to Championship White, get a late model SR20, slightly bigger turbo, rebuild it if required/recommended, whack it in.

Then do the works, new suspension, new brakes, new rims, exhaust, interior, everything.

Will budget $30,000 for that project, bank the rest. That's if I can be bothered goin' through the lenghty & troublesome process of a rebuild/restoration at the time.

40k? I'd stick with the MPS.
    C'mon mate, think outside the square.

Blog Entries

The hardest part for a 240Z would be finding a straight chassis and panels.

My bro rebuilt the body of a 1800 fairlady convertible awhile back. Took 3 years of weekends here and there to get the body straight and ready for mechanicals.

Then we discovered that suspension has to be re-engineered because you just cannot get replacement suspension parts for such an old and very rare vehicle.

Far out they made some nice looking cars back then though. the 240Z and the fairlady were just works of art. 260Z and later got a bit out of proportion IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNi_SiZe View Post
    If I was goin' to do a rebuild like that, I'd have to go w/ the 180sx. Buy a shell, get a new kit, rust repair if needed, restore body work, full car respray to Championship White, get a late model SR20, slightly bigger turbo, rebuild it if required/recommended, whack it in.

Then do the works, new suspension, new brakes, new rims, exhaust, interior, everything.

Will budget $30,000 for that project, bank the rest. That's if I can be bothered goin' through the lenghty & troublesome process of a rebuild/restoration at the time.

C'mon mate, think outside the square.
    Last edited by Nexus; 20-02-2009 at 04:27 PM.

$40K tough call - daily drive my beast

$40K weekender/track car - 3yr old RX8 with enough $ left for a turbo kit and other mods, best of both worlds and you can't beat the RWD and that chassis - and you can fit passengers (smallish) unlike 350/370Z

Keep my 3MPS and buy a caravan

Happy Motoring
    duglet

For $40k you would be able to get a good low km E36 M3, but not an E46. However you could get an E46 330Ci with less than 100,000km for under $40k. Whilst not an M3 they are still one quick and comfortable car and are not that much slower. However they are more of an everyday performance car than a weekend warrior!!

Nah seriously, for 40k you are going to be trading down, ill stick with the performance and comfort of the MPS3

8. Default

Nah seriously, for 40k you are going to be trading down, ill stick with the performance and comfort of the MPS3
    True. But I'm a kinda person that likes to play. My cars have been trading up & down so far, next car down, cause MPS is up. Hahahaha

Anywayz... friend's buying this Immaculate lil' Civic EG w/ a B16a motor from a later model Civic VTi-R. Everything has been restored & is freakin' immac, very inspiring.

Considering the 180sx rebuild more now.

Kinda goin' off topic aren't we?
    Last edited by RoNi_SiZe; 23-02-2009 at 02:54 PM.

vtech yo !!

ha

what about the new focus RS ?? just read it over in the other manufacture section... looks the business !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    If I had 40k to burn I'd buy a 2003 unmodded subie WRX 2003 for $24k (avg private price with 80k km on the clock) and do the exhaust, FMIC, CAI, shocks, tune, recaros and brembos - approx $12-15k all up extra, and bank the rest
    for similar dollars buy an 02 sti 6 seed forged internals brembos better platform. i miss my sti

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RoNi_SiZe View Post
    Hey guys, as y'all know, thinkin' abt selling up the MPS mid this yr coz I don't drive it much.

Prob save up the money till mid-end 2010 when I go back 2 Melbourne. Got 3 cars on the agenda: MY01 or 05 STi, RX8, or 350Z

I'm kinda digging the RX8... Mazda loyalty perhaps?

Well, I've never driven one. Has anyone? Can you deal w/ the power difference b/w it & the MPS?

Some things to consider from my POV, not just for the RX8 but for the other cars too:
    - probably will be a weekend car, so fuel economy is not a concern
    - possibly need to take passengers from time to time
    - only light modifications will be made (suspension, rims, exhaust, intake, body kit for the 350z)
    - Bang for buck (will be second hand market, so kms will also be in consideration)

Post ur thoughts!

Peace!

~ RoNi '09
    go the sti o5 best model forged internals with a flash tune exhaust and intake around 190wheel kws i sold an 07 sti to buy the mps. the mps has better interior but thats where it ends.

i want that blue rx8!!!! sooo hot!!!!

i got both.............mps is fast off the line, but if u wanna have fun rx8 is the way to go........

depends on my mood.........

if u purely want straightline fun...mps ftw....

twists and turns....rotary > mps...

13. Default

i sold an 07 sti to buy the mps. the mps has better interior but thats where it ends.
    Lolz, as expected.

07 STi is nice man =(

sti........they look so ****........ mazda's best looking jap cars

If you can afford it BMW 135i

Get the Evo 10 has my vote better then a rex quicker then an rx8 and 350z is a bit gay when compaired to the EVO mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Quote Originally Posted by MPS888 View Post
    i got both.............mps is fast off the line, but if u wanna have fun rx8 is the way to go........

depends on my mood.........

if u purely want straightline fun...mps ftw....

twists and turns....rotary > mps...
    You just said everything ive been saying! AMEN

off topic - you turbo your 8?
    Latool- far from normal

18. Default

I saw a RED RX-8 being towed today on my way back from the Gold Coast about 5pm this arvo. Oil all over the road. Must have blown the seals.. Looked stock too....

Quote Originally Posted by Latool View Post
    You just said everything ive been saying! AMEN

off topic - you turbo your 8?
    getting boost hopefully end of march.......costing me 3 g just for the IC.....

So what did you end up deciding on?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MPS888 View Post
    getting boost hopefully end of march.......costing me 3 g just for the IC.....
    $3k for the intercooler! I have a bridge for sale, one owner...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast