User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boost Cut

There is an extensive thread that @SarcasticOne wrote on what to log

record these

I am experiencing this now!!! Happened to me twice in 2 days! It's one of those 'don't think it'll happen to me' ones but f*ck! Have had a few different suggestions as to why it's happening to my car,
    Suggestions as follows:
    - change in weather lately in Brisbane
    - vacuum leak
    - plug gap
    - plugs burnt out
    - one cylinder f*ckef
    - dirty MAF
    - maps gone wrong
    - sell the car lol

87K's Stock car stock tune with K&N pod filter
    short shifter
    due for service (last one at 82k)

Use 98 fuel? I had One tank of 95 and it was way worse,..
    I've got some logs, will post up later but it's very weird,.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Bro I reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery, let it sit until I had a shower and got ready to leave the house...
    wamred up the car and babying it for 15-20mins then slowly feeding it more and keeping it under load for about 5-10mins then I started giving it to it trying to make it happen but no the car showed hesitation whatsoever ... It's fine now as far as I know ...

Yeah sounds similar. Very spazmodic and unpredictable.

I was cruising with a friend and he told me he could hear my exhaust sound cut out and then back BEFORE I even needed to shift up when I had overtaken him spiritedly. I didn't hear it myself and it didn't cut fuel or boost at all but he said he heard it from the exhaust. I gave him a go last night and asked if it happened he said not at all even though he was trying to pick it out every time I planted it. Hopefully it doesn't come back and that it was maybe just a bad batch of fuel or that the mapping was out

Update -- car is running as good as ever. Hope I was of some help

Bump ! So what's the go with your cars has everyone fixed the issue or just left it? Interested to see what you had to resort to

So far mine seems to be resolved. The fix, Find intake leak and tighten. I took everything off to the turbo and as I went I found 2 things.
    1) small splits in the bpv return tube around where it joins the turbo inlet pipe

I managed to push the pipe in further so air couldn't go through them and into the pipe.

2) clamp from tip to the silicone between tip and turbo wasn't as tight as it should have been.

Anyway I fixed both and for 2 days things have been sweet so fingers crossed.

I managed to log this event and it wasn't boost cutting (for me anyway) but rather afr would lean out causing the power loss. Just something to be wary of.

Hope this helps :-)

--> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123