User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to convert the stock 6MPS rear engine mount to polyurethane

if your in victoria i can point you in the direction of a polymer engineer he's good i got all mine replaced by him when i destroyed the CP-E rear motor mount "stupid rubber"

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    if your in victoria i can point you in the direction of a polymer engineer he's good i got all mine replaced by him when i destroyed the CP-E rear motor mount "stupid rubber"
    lol, not what I want to be reading since I just bought a CP-E one purely due to them claiming the rubber is better...
    MPS6

polyurethane is stronger more flexible and durable then rubber so i dont know how they came to that conclusion

i just installed my mates sure rear trans mount my personal opinion after seeing both mounts the sure one is a much better, bigger and better looking design i'd go sure all the way
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 24-04-2012 at 04:20 PM.

So here's a question then - does the Rear engine mount on the 6 act as the trans/ transfer case mount as well?

And I've bought the CPe mount now and it's on it's way... If it fails I'll be pushing for the 'lifetime warranty'

mine failed but was on the car when i bought it but car had under 1000 km with the new clutch, mounts and turbo 5000 km later the cp-e unit was gone so about 6000km of useful service and it didnt feel worn at all(apart from the shift thump) but when i took it of and tested it i found that it had split right through it wasnt loose but it was allowing it to move

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12