User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New WA member

Default New WA member

Hi there,
    New owner of near new 09 MPS 3. Live in Perth but do FIFO. Keen to catch up with other owners to learn all I can about this car.
    I don't know if previous owner was on here, but nevertheless I'm here now!
    Anyone have a rough guess at how many 09/10 models doing the business on Perth roads. I've only seen one other but mates have seen a few similar to mine.
    Cheers.

to the forum
    Lots of information on the cars here, and a fantastic community to go with it!
    Congrats on the car, What colour you get?

And be careful, you'll start going from 0 to "oh crap that's not the speed limit" very easily
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, it's BLUE. I know not to choose black, as I hate cleaning every other day.My mate had a black R32 and washing cars became his recreation. Blue looks ok.
    I'm happy with it. Except it did emit mega smelly clutch on a poor 2nd gear take-off. It didn't enjoy that at all and I smelt clutch for 24 hours!!

Welcome

Yes an MPS will punish clutch misuse quite mercilessly (accidental or intentional).

Having said that, once you work out how to get the best out of them they'll always put a big grin on your face.

Congrats

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Hewzie3 - Look forward to meeting you on the next cruise... when every that may be

Welcome mate, as Toddy said look forward to meeting you at the next cruise, hopefully soon - anyone want to organise?

Btw congrats and yeah I've seen quite a few Gen II MPS 3's only 1 other fairly active member - PerthMPS there are a few others but I haven't seen them on for a while!
    Cheers
    Chris

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few hints being dropped here, and I can take a hint, so.............one cruise coming right up.

did i start that

Welcome, ill catch you on the next cruise. If im home for it that is as I also do FIFO.

Welcome to the forum.

mate!

If you wait about 10mins you might see on PerthMPS's thread that he spotted you. He seems to spot every MPS in Perth lol!

Glad to see you on here and congrats on your purchase.

About the cruise (and to others reading) I thought a track day might have been next on the Perth boys agenda? Cruise is always good though. I never know some good roads and destinations but the previous cruises we've done were awesome. Might have to head out one weekend and have a browse at some roads, destinations..

BTW hewzie3, PerthMPS is another Perth member with a Gen II that I know of. Don't think he's done much to his but this was us last year some time. From the feedback looks like we might have to organise another if you're keen...

Perth-boys-photoshoot <-- click here

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Hello and Welcome
    Might see you on the next event

Not only do I do FIFO, but I have my next THREE overseas trips booked. My car is being looked after and I think my next drive won't be until end of Feb!! That is SAD, eh?
    I'm glad other clutches are like mine. It stunk like seaweed and had me visiting a mate (a Bunno Mazda dealer) to get reassurance that it was normal (if you mess up like I did!).
    I have been motorbike riding for years and as such know many juicy roads both near Perth and down the SW. I look forward to a day out with fellow MPSers.
    ps this forum colour format is well bad! Hard to follow threads, but myt just be me and my tired ole eyes. Cheers, drive hard AND watch out for motorbikes!!!

Our cruises are pretty fun and great to meet various members! I have a bike also and when the weather is right its an awesome day! I actually like the colour format on here but if it bothers you, down the bottom left click the drop down menu and change the colour scheme to white. You may have slight issues with reading posts in the future as some of us use bright colours which stand out on this format but will be hard to read on the white colour scheme. Either way, the option is there should you want a change!
    Last edited by rogwick; 21-01-2011 at 06:38 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    down the bottom right click the drop down menu and change the colour scheme to white.
    Mine is on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Mine is on the left?
    Minor fail! Edited, cheers mate

Welcome, another FIFO person right here. Which place do you fly to?

I have seen heaps of gen II's especially in my area :0(. I'm down success way SOR

Btw you are not a senior mining engineer are you? I'm looking for 2 at the moment.
    Last edited by PerthMPS; 22-01-2011 at 01:16 AM.

No, I'm not an Engineer. I am in OSH at Citic Pacific , south of Karratha.
    Not your typical construction site...not by a long shot. Still, it is ok.

Good to see another safety professional here. I just posted a new cruise thread, hope to see there.

Funny how Safety people buy fast cars/bikes. I put it down to having a need to 'release' after holding back for weeks on end.
    Its probably safe to 'fess now...back in about 2000 I rode my VTR1000 up to work at Murrin Murrin. After 9 hours of joyous riding I turned onto the access road to the camp, past the airport and wound it out to.....(it was mid arvo and no others around!)......220. I'm sure no other dickhead has ever matched that speed or noise level. Don't ask me why I did it. I'm better now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast