User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18x8, 37 offset, 18x225x40 tyres - Gen 1 MPS3 stock suspension ?

KfuNk why not just got with Evo X rims like I am, they're cheap, can be powder coated any color you want and look nice on the MPS

Cheap hey...how cheap are they a particular brand??

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Dad is getting work wheels, special order. They don't make the pcs he needs nor the colour he wants. But they are doing it.
    Still, they aren't anywhere close to that price.
    Crazy, pointless and can not be justified
    After your folks visit to Cairns earlier this year and Russell mentioned the Works wheels he was getting I checked out some for myself and ended up ordering Emotion Cr Kai's. Gone with same size as existing wheels with a 48 offset.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work-emotion-kai-brnblk-face.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	7472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work-emotion-kai-brnblk-side.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	7473

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Cheap hey...how cheap are they a particular brand??
    They can be found on yahoo japan for decent prices and they're made by Enkei, they're found on the Evo X GSR
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

got to love yahoo japan

6. Default

Evo X Enkei's from Mitsubishi Australia run at $800 a wheel.

They are 18x 8.5 +38

Wheels can never be too expensive. You get what you pay for.

You get cheap rims they look cheap. Wheels are the one place on a nice car being a tightass isn't cool. It never ceases to amaze me when I see a nicely modified car running around on shit ROH, Speedy, CSA... Especially when they are a knock off of another companies wheels.

Cough up, find the best quality wheels in the style you like with the size and offset you want.

And good rims generally last longer than the cheaper ones.

Might just step in and say that while agree with what you say, I disagree with using ROH as an example.
    They make a lot of factory alloys for cars.

Here is a question, who makes the factory Falcon GT wheels now?
    And do you consider them good quality?

8. Default

You mean these wheels?

Hard to see the quality in a photo, but I have seen plenty of the Prowler style wheels on cars with the ROH caps and they do not look at all of high quality.

But I will comment on the fact the wheels do not suit the car, they are the wrong style for such a large car. 7+ spokes needed or some fatter spokes. They are trying to make it obvious it is running on big Brembo's when it already is. And if you didn't already know, seeing the name will mean nothing to you.

Maybe ROH is not the best example, but I have seen plenty of their rims running around Canberra, some in a terrible state.
    Last edited by Crusher_13; 13-02-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Not sure about the new GT's but the BF GT use enkei wheels.
    Lots of cars do, even some N15 Nissan pulsars had enkei.

I think people get worked up a bit over brand names of wheels.
    And the way the internet is, you see broken wheels, but don't get the whole story why they broke.

Wheels sold by reputable companies in Australia are tested to meet Australian standards, some of the strictest in the world. So as far as construction quality goes, they have to be pretty good.
    Admitedly though some are better than others, and the finish is better than others.
    But I wouldn't call a wheel "crap" just because its not some expensive Japanese brand.
    Remember that Australian made wheels are made for Australian conditions, and when you buy expensive imported rims, tax is a fair chunk of that price

I've had a few sets of ROH wheels over the years and always found them to be of a very high quality. Admittedly I've only ever used their three piece modular wheels, but they always looked great and stood up to the rigors of track work and Aust roads with aplomb.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    Evo X Enkei's from Mitsubishi Australia run at $800 a wheel.

They are 18x 8.5 +38

Wheels can never be too expensive. You get what you pay for.

You get cheap rims they look cheap. Wheels are the one place on a nice car being a tightass isn't cool. It never ceases to amaze me when I see a nicely modified car running around on shit ROH, Speedy, CSA... Especially when they are a knock off of another companies wheels.

Cough up, find the best quality wheels in the style you like with the size and offset you want.

And good rims generally last longer than the cheaper ones.
    Yes but you would have to be out of your mind to buy from the dealer, you can find them second hand for just over 1k landed at your door step.

I also agree with the wheels can't be too expensive, but when it comes to a car which is street only, $3500 for wheels is just plain silly but i can totally understand if the car is for occasional track work or full track car.
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123