User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First post!!

Default First post!!

Ok, first post aside I actually do want to start a dialogue with you guys, & since Jess couldn't make our weekend cruise now is a good time to ask.

I enquired via the online contact us form thingy but haven't got any reply, but I am interested in getting an ECUTEK tune for my Gen II MPS and have a few questions;

1) Costs, dyno time + tune + hidden costs + super ozmps specials! People tell me $1500 ish but i'd like a solid breakdown of expected costs.

2) Degree of customisation. Can this tune be heavily tailored to suit the needs of the individual? Basically the first thing I want is to have torque limitations removed, I want torque to peak earlier and I want to get rid of the nasty power drop off before the redline. I don't want to increase boost or do anything that will significantly compromise reliability. I want to liberate this cars potential without going mad.

By the time I am going to look at getting this done, I will have a DP, SRI and TIP fitted so am looking forward to some decent gains. Mainly aimed at improved daily drivability but also to give an extra kick in the guts for the occasional track day.

Based on recommendations I will probably start getting my car serviced through you guys as well, so looking forward to it! and congrats on the sponsorship!
    Last edited by Reedy; 17-01-2011 at 10:54 AM.

That price is right.
    If you look at my graph here torque is up way earlier.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...tek-tuned.html
    Also mine is running 17psi.

17psi is a solid increase in boost. Wonder what you'd have got if you kept the boost at stock. I'd maybe go 1-2psi over stock but don't really want to.

That is 2 psi over stock.

Only 2? Mine only registered 13.7 when I had it dynoed.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Only 2? Mine only registered 13.7 when I had it dynoed.
    That's the pressure we see on GEN 2's

$1500 ?.?.?
    Fark me... Dollars 'o plenty...

8. Default

Reedy,

Can I get you to PM me your email address and I can get the guys to send you an Estimate price on what you are after?

Probably the best way for you to have a look at everything and go from there

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, seems like you guys had a great time anyhow .

Jess
    Tunehouse

here is a graph of my Power/Boost before tune on a different dyno.
    Its over 15 PSI until 5200rpm on 2 of the 3 runs....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Power-Boost..jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	7098  
    Last edited by Cton; 17-01-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Was that run pre mods or stock?

Dump pipe, SRI, TIP. nothing that should increase boost.

12. Default

The DP & TIP, there you go that's your extra boost from OEM trim.

DP will definitely do it...
    Run a safe 17psi. Power increase is great, but it's also very very safe to run that pressure.

You can get decent power with less than 17psi boost anyway, just depends on supporting mods.

Would have been interested to see what mine would have made with 17psi dialled in.

Might do it one day.

If Cton got 200kW with 17PSI, and my list of mods will be basically the same as his, what do you reckon I could expect to get if I kept Boost at 15 or 16PSI?

I am hoping for a minimum of 190kW at the wheels, but that magic 200kW figure is rather tempting to crack...... if it means going to 17PSI then I would consider it......

I ran 191kw on a Victorian dyno with 17psi. Check my sig for my mods

I was looking at Cton Nm figures they are hugely impressive over stock ones but i can make the link between say for example his Nm of about 311Nm and Grajy's 485Nm on HP-F... Is there a correlation between them cause Cton is probably Engine Nm and Grajy's is Wheel Nm.

Once things settle down in QLD we have to get Jon's MPS on a Dyno up there to see power output, to find out if HP-F's dyno is strict or normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I was looking at Cton Nm figures they are hugely impressive over stock ones but i can make the link between say for example his Nm of about 311Nm and Grajy's 485Nm on HP-F... Is there a correlation between them cause Cton is probably Engine Nm and Grajy's is Wheel Nm.

Once things settle down in QLD we have to get Jon's MPS on a Dyno up there to see power output, to find out if HP-F's dyno is strict or normal.
    Soon as I get some spare cash to play with, I have a dyno lined up already. They run a Dyno Dynamics tool, just like HP-f do. Will post up when I eventually hit the rollers again.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

I ran 208atwkw with 16psi....have dp, fmic and sri (gen1). Dyno sheet is in the dyno discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

Ok,
    Tunehouse uses a hub dyno. The reason for this is because it measures REAL torque at the hubs. Being the reason they invested in one. Jim went into great detail on explaining this to us guys at their dyno day.
    HP-F im guessing use a roller dyno if its a Dyno Dynamics. These will not measure REAL torque. they will measure tractive effort, which is the ability for the car to creep up the roller. from that, they estimate torque.
    You absolutely cannot compare the 2 different torque readings.
    i also had my car on a dyno dynamics dyno pre tune and the difference in power was 1 kw at the wheels to what it made on Tunehouses hub dyno 3 months later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast