User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First post!!

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    I ran 208atwkw with 16psi....have dp, fmic and sri (gen1). Dyno sheet is in the dyno discussion thread.
    This makes me think HP-F dyno is harsh since John has very similar mods and run 1psi more made 17fwkw less. There still isn't anything wrong with that .

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Ok,
    Tunehouse uses a hub dyno. The reason for this is because it measures REAL torque at the hubs. Being the reason they invested in one. Jim went into great detail on explaining this to us guys at their dyno day.
    HP-F im guessing use a roller dyno if its a Dyno Dynamics. These will not measure REAL torque. they will measure tractive effort, which is the ability for the car to creep up the roller. from that, they estimate torque.
    You absolutely cannot compare the 2 different torque readings.
    i also had my car on a dyno dynamics dyno pre tune and the difference in power was 1 kw at the wheels to what it made on Tunehouses hub dyno 3 months later.
    Ok that makes more sense, imo though i like the HP-F way better well the read out it gives, i know there are more chances for accuracy reading like this but my MPS is stock and i go exactly 380Nm at the Rpm mazda claim.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Matt at the horsepower factory has told me before that torque can't accurately be measured at the wheels, only at the flywheel. The figures one sees on a dyno for torque is to see how much 'percent' is gained after mods or tunes.
    I want to check differences in power, NOT torque.
    I agree with the guy you spoke to, Cton. That's why I didn't quote NM figures. Careful, Jim. You could start agruements...

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    I ran 208atwkw with 16psi....have dp, fmic and sri (gen1). Dyno sheet is in the dyno discussion thread.
    Damn I missed this!

Im going hunting for your sheet

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Found it!

Very nice dude, gratz!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Matt at the horsepower factory has told me before that torque can't accurately be measured at the wheels, only at the flywheel. The figures one sees on a dyno for torque is to see how much 'percent' is gained after mods or tunes.
    I want to check differences in power, NOT torque.
    I agree with the guy you spoke to, Cton. That's why I didn't quote NM figures. Careful, Jim. You could start agruements...
    Thats cool i dont mind to be proved wrong if I learn something , why then does mazda say 380Nm?
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

I'm pretty sure because when they do the power measurements, the engine is not in a car but on an engine dyno. So they directly measure exactly what the engine does without drivetrain loss and all that.

190kw and 380nm at the FLYWHEEL only. (stock car)

Yep Yep, understood

Update:
    Physical mods are complete. Tune to follow, will probably look to get that booked in when I get back from overseas in late Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Update:
    Physical mods are complete. Tune to follow, will probably look to get that booked in when I get back from overseas in late Feb.
    you'll love it. I cant wait for it to cool down so i can really see what shes made of.
    Did you get the TIP don too?

Yes, CP-e TIP, DP and CAI all in one hit.

Now I just need Corksport to get their damn back orders sorted so I can get my rear swaybar, handling needs to match the powar!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12