User Tag List

Thread: Turbosmart BOV

Default Turbosmart BOV

Hi everyone,
    I have a Turbosmart Dual Port BOV.
    The problem I am having is that the adjustment cap is rotating by itself over time.
    After adjusting the BOV, I am finding after a few days that the cap is nearly at the red indicator line. The BOV adjustment cap is normally set at about halfway spring tension.
    Why is this happening ?
    The BOV is connected to full-recirc.
    It shouldn't be coming loose
    Please help
    Cheers

Hi mate, have a read of this disconnecting-plumb-back-hose-stock-blow-off-valve and refer to Doug's comments. It might help you out.

Weird! Never heard of this one. It takes some effort to rotate the cap in the course of adjusting it. It's easier when warm than cold, but only just. Are you sure the rubber O-ring is in place under the cap? This is what provides the required friction.

See also:
    Servicing under:
    Turbosmart BOV_DP_MultiFit.pdf
    and
    TURBOSMART: TROUBLESHOOTING
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Thanks for the info Doug.
    Yes the 'O' ring is in place and yes it does take some effort to turn the cap.
    At first I thought the mazda service guys were playing around with it, but it has occurred again and again.
    The only thing I can see that may be causing the problem is the TMIC/battery ducting which touches/hits the BOV.
    Yesterday, just driving from home from work (approx. 8km) the cap had rotated a quarter turn.
    i may have to secure the cap somehow to stop it or cut some of the ducting so it doesn't touch the bov
    Cheers
    2007 3MPS - Aurora Blue

I still can't see how it can be rotated by those influences you describe. Do you have mischievous mice living under your bonnet?
    But if you really want to chain it down, get some black self amalgamating electrical tape, stretch it as instructed and wrap several turns neatly around the cap and body junction. If you need to adjust it later it can be removed easily, but it will immobilize it for keeps until then.

(Late edit) Aha! I just had a thought. The small vacuum hose fitting at the top is a swivel fitting. Might be a stupid question, but are you really sure it is the cap that is turning, and not just the swivel fitting adjusting its position according to mild lateral tension on the vacuum hose? That could easily give the impression of the entire cap rotating.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 19-01-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I think it's clear what's going on here
    GREMLINS!

I don't even have a indicator line on my TS bov? ... did i get jipped with a fake :l