User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud new mps3 owner

Default Proud new mps3 owner

Hey guys, new here thought id say hi to all.. Just bought this mps about two months ago love wash it every week.. my first mod to the car is a SRI love the soundit makes... dunno what my next mod should be was think dump pimp wit full 3' all the way and ecu remap.. any ideas or has anyone done smilar work is it worth it?

heres some picsof te ride...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Hi there and welcome mate! Nice ride you have there! Next mods...depends mate, heaps of options! Welcome to check out my RR link below on my sig for a few ideas if you like, although I have a MPS6. Heaps of folks on here have done similar mods and can help you out Enjoy your car and the forum!

mmm black, very nice
    to ozmps
    a dump pipe would be next on mod list
    there is a cruise on this weekend, if you want to come along
    ive got a gen 1 as well... and dump pipe is worth it for low down power + exhaust noise

am based close to newtown myself, so depending on where you're based, there is probably someone near you, but if youre near me, can easily pop around and let you see/hear mine
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

+ 1 for meeting some good ol MPS folks on a cruise!

+1 for cruise! Where bouts you guys starting? And at what time?

Sammy can fix you up on details mate! Have fun

One other thing if I get dump pipe on the Mps would I need to tune car and is a dump pump worth with stock exhaust or better to get the whole way..?

I speak from a MPS6 perspective but most of the restriction lies at the downpipe. Swapping the stock DP for a high flow unit is arguably the best bolt on mod (other than maybe a new turbo) for the MPS. Modifying the exhaust pipework may provide some benefit for optimal exhaust gas flow but probably the main reason is to modify the mufflers to get some note to a turbo vehicle. I know the MPS6 stock mufflers restrict a very small amount of power but I went with the option of turbo-back exhaust. Tune the MPS once you have done all the bolt on mods is my recommendation

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Ohh sweet so looks like dump pipe ftw.. What other bolt on mods could I do to enhance performance..? Contemplating full exhaust as well just for the deeper grunt

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...bo-cruise.html <-- cruise info this sunday
    an aftermarket intercooler either top mount (hyperflow) or front mount (http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...tml#post151135 <-- list there)
    there is also possibly a turbo, but you would want a tune if you do that...

Either a CAI or SRI intake, TIP, depending on budget you could go with a new turbo. This should assist your exhaust nicely. Possibly a FMIC or TMIC to up the boost a little (18psi max on stock K04 Turbo) Then you want some decent handling, springs or coilover setup to take corners flat and reduce body roll, compliment that with strut bracing or further bracing if you like. As far as tune goes, you could get a professional Tune done $$ or go what about 25 of us did on a group buy and get the Hypertech Max Energy Sport ECU reflash for just over $400.00

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Tune done $$ or go what about 25 of us did on a group buy and get the Hypertech Max Energy Sport ECU reflash for just over $400.00
    Just a little noob ATM with the Ecu field.. Is a tune similar to a remap? How much would I be looking at for a tune?

Not too sure on pricing, perhaps someone else can help you out or ask Jess at Tunehouse if you like

Tunehouse
    www.tunehouse.com
    11 Chalder St, Marrickville, NSW
    02 9557-4000
    Referred by Jmac, Doc, Sarcasticone, Mattmps, Cton...

Before you start to go nuts in the mods department, decide what it is you want, then go from there.

I would suggest getting an upgraded rear motor mount before you break the standard item.

Then go DP, FMIC, ECU etc for power or coilovers, anti-sway bars etc for handling
    Changing the standard rims to 8" wide rims improves handling aswell and as usual, tyres.

Check out the forums, Members rides, Tech talk, we've all been there and modded these cars, so, use search, then, if you can't find it, post a new thread.

Most importantly, have fun and really enjoy yourself. Remember to support the forum sponsors where possible. (Not just me either)
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Welcome, and hit up Troy, "2XS", for parts. He makes alot of his own stuff and it's great. Nothing like having custom parts on your car. If he don't make it, he can get it.

+2 for that prior statement.
    If you need to know anything performance wise, he can answer the question and and supply the part.....quality parts at that.

Dwayne, I'll meet you one day. Probably the next time you go to Troys... Lol

which I am sure will not be to far away......def not 2moro. I manage the Port Office Hotel in the city and, in the 74 flood it went to the second level, so im sand bagging all day 2moro.

I'll be at his on Sunday morning with Jeev. Pop in

congrats and welcome to the forum!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast