User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mods, Coppers and Defect notices.

A big reason for being pulled over is that a sports looking car usually has an enthusiast in the drivers seat. More often than not, that driver has, or does on a regular basis, give us other enthusiasts a bad stigma for being hoons.
    We as responsible members of this forum/club need to make sure we treat the road rules, others and ourselves, with the ut-most respect.
    We shouldn't give highway patrolmen any grief, because they are trying to rid the streets of these idiots. Be polite, and show them you are one of the good enthusiasts. Maybe we can change that stigma... MAYBE : S
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

every second day my dad used the same line 'theres a time and a place' the time is not in view of the streets. ( if ur lucky and got a mate with a long tarmac driveway its handy) . we all draw attention to ourselfs at times ( i will stop the rant we hear all the time) but i feel its what we do and say when we are pulled over that makes us targets.

AT THE END OF THE DAY IF THE COPS WANNA BEND YOU OVER & %#&* YOU, THEY WILL!!!

This is what I learnt & Why I sold my first car after getting defected (canaried a 9th time) for various bogus modifications & None of it was for being a smart arse or anything like that, It was purely because I was young, drove an attention grabbing car etc etc........

Most Bizare Defect I copped was the wiring in my engine bay (COMPLETELEY STANDARD) simply cleared this by putting black condue cable wrap over all wires (looked better than factory in the end).

Also Defected for a rear spoiler as the cops said that If I hit a pedestiran, they went flying over my bonnet, over the roof and hit my spoiler that it might chop them in half (THEIR WORDS NOT MINE) Im like if i Hit some one with that much force for them to fly over my car like that they will be dead anyways.................

Thus way I left the Jap Scene in 2004 when the Hoon laws came in and they clamped down hard on all cars and went to Euro's for the last 5+ years!!!

Good to be back though in an under the radar car!!!
    2006 MAZDA 6 MPS - LIQUID SILVER METALILIC - MILDLY MODDED FOR NOW.............

I got a long stare heading home last night from the police (x2 cars) as I drove past the indigenous folk household down the end of the street.

I think the cops have that house listed as a "favourite" in their sat nav. House of trouble that one, nothing against the indigenous folk, just the ones near me!

Perhaps the cops didn't like the fact my car still has the drag racing writing on the window's (haven't cleaned it yet)

5. Default

Wowsers, quite a few anti-cop rants on here! Nothing like a negative experience to tar all cops with the same brush...

I have a few cop mates, some in highway patrol. I have never heard (except for enthusiasts on forums) whinging about "bogus defects." My mates stick to defecting things like cracked windscreens and bald tyres. Which driver can argue with that?

As has been said, a lot of the "will i get pulled over and defected" debate hinges on driving styles and behaviour. I owned a Pulsar GTiR with some thorough work done, and never got stopped. And it wasn't cos they couldn't keep up...!

Again, as has been said, drive sensible, be polite, and see how far are polite and honest attitude gets you!

Quote Originally Posted by Damnfuzz View Post
    Wowsers, quite a few anti-cop rants on here! Nothing like a negative experience to tar all cops with the same brush...

I have a few cop mates, some in highway patrol. I have never heard (except for enthusiasts on forums) whinging about "bogus defects." My mates stick to defecting things like cracked windscreens and bald tyres. Which driver can argue with that?

As has been said, a lot of the "will i get pulled over and defected" debate hinges on driving styles and behaviour. I owned a Pulsar GTiR with some thorough work done, and never got stopped. And it wasn't cos they couldn't keep up...!

Again, as has been said, drive sensible, be polite, and see how far are polite and honest attitude gets you!
    there is a few cops on this forum that own MPS's
    i know not all officers are the same, but like teenager's driving sports cars, it only takes a few to spread a bad rep
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

In QLD,

Exhausts from new cars have to be under 89Db, modified exhausts need to be under 95Db.

SRI's need to be fixed, not boxed.

Drive like a bogan, get booked like a bogan

I've been pulled over in my old MPS (roadside RBT) the policeman asked, "what colour are your wheels supposed to be?" And I was on my way.

8. Default

"I've been pulled over in my old MPS (roadside RBT) the policeman asked, "what colour are your wheels supposed to be?" And I was on my way."

Has anyone in Vic been pulled over much with their 6mps?

Do you have an exhaust?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12