User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40k service - Quoted $560 ?? too much????

Default 40k service - Quoted $560 ?? too much????

Hey guys

Got quoted from local Mazda $560 to a 40,000km service on my 08 MPS 3

Is this normal? they said it was a major, advising pollen filters and the like need to be changed?

OR should i be shopping elsewhere?? Car is still under dealer WTY

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post
    Hey guys

Got quoted from local Mazda $560 to a 40,000km service on my 08 MPS 3

Is this normal? they said it was a major, advising pollen filters and the like need to be changed?

OR should i be shopping elsewhere?? Car is still under dealer WTY

I think so but i had the guys who look after the race car service mine and on 63'000 now and the most I've ever paid is $350. Some dealships are dearer than others just make a couple of calls to another dealership and compare...
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Not sure if this will help as the below has too many different things to compare but I'll post it anyway.

- Just has a service carried out on my MPS6 just last Friday. It was also a 40,000kms service.

- Yes, it is indeed a major service and if you look in the handbook you can see what needs to be changed, tightened, adjusted and replaced at the 40,000kms interval.

- I had mine serviced at a local mechanic that does a lot of tuner cars. I like the work and keep going back (I had my exhaust and downpipe installed there)

- Ok, so the standard service was carried out, I told the mechanic not to worry about wiper blades, air filter, lights etc as I do these myself.

- I made a special request to check the front left ball joint, fix the exhaust rattle, assess a leak I have under. All these were looked at and either fixed or left as they were ok. (Exhaust was fixed, the others not a problem)

- Brakes are recommended to be done next service (informed about it)

- Clutch and Brake fluid was fine so left as is.

- Pollen filter requires a change but I took mine out a while ago and cleaned it manually. Could do with a filter replacement. Just get one and DIY I advise.

All the above and walked away after flashing the plastic for $223.00. Again, different vehicle, different service outlet, minor work required at my 40,000 service. Thought I would post, just for information, hope it helps somewhat
    Last edited by rogwick; 10-01-2011 at 11:19 AM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

What are they planning to do for the $560? If you can give us an itemised list then we can make more sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    itemised list
    Oh, there's always a list...whether the work has been carried out on the said list is another story!

replace engine oil fully synthetic and filter
    pollen filter replacement
    brake/clutch fluid flush and replacement
    rotate and balance wheels
    electical system test/diag and ECU update
    final inspections, tension checks etc

I also need a warranty item looked at, noisy valves on startup

ECU update = possible detune.
    That's pretty much the same I had done really. Minus the fluid flush as I didn't need it.
    I missed out on the Pollen filter to, I'll assess it later and replace it myself

due to the fact i need a few warranty items looked at maybe i should just take it there anyway

My MPS 6 was $438 back in 2008 and they did everything according to the book, have you asked if you can supply your own oil? Castrol Edge 5W30 fully synthetic is only around $60!

Also check this thread for Noisy valves in case they give your trouble at the dealer.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...-cx7-2-3t.html

My 40,000 service was around $430 Gen1 MPS. Pollen Filter cost and install was most of it, from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Oh, there's always a list...whether the work has been carried out on the said list is another story!
    For my 10 000k service when I went to pick the car up, I went through the list and asked what had been done etc.

"ECU update if available" - He couldn't tell me if they did that or not
    "Rotate tyres if required" - It was required, but they didn't do it
    "Replace oil/filter" - As far as I know they did this

I cant remember what else was on the list but the fact they didn't know/didn't do some of the stuff on there has led me to ditch the dealership servicing. Extended warranties or not, if they can't get the basics right then i'm out of there.

That's it mate, I had a long check list at John Hughes which is a respected used car dealer. It noted the windscreen washer fluid had been topped up and it was almost empty. I can live with that but it is annoying to have them claim they've done something by printing out the nice TEMPLATE CHECKLIST from the system and not actually doing the work. It lead me to think....what else haven't you done then...? I overlooked that...the main reason I complained is I had coolant splashed all down the front. They had filled the coolant too much or not closed the cap or something. Coolant had splashed everywhere. I had this feeling when I got home "I'll just pop the hood and see if its all good" SURPRISE!!!! Spent half an hour cleaning corrosive coolant off my motor and all around. Hence I complained and recieved a $40 discount for next service...threw it in the bin. I'd rather tell every mate I know they're crap service! That's just my story, a mate had his car at the same place, similar stupid story which involved seaseme seeds in his car...yes, they ate lunch in his car!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

14. Default

40,000Km is done for $460.00 with Motul 4100 oil & Pollen Filter

Lollipopz Guest

It might be possible to request a list of the service details that your mechanic does.. Then you may be able to find a better deal elsewhere.

I complained about the cost of my last service and they sent through an itemised list with approx. costs for each service due. They also gave me a goodwill cheque for $50.00 - I was impressed to say the least.

Well I just paid $273 for my 65,000k service on Monday and haven't paid more than $350 for any of my services since new... Just a indication

can let you know what mine comes to on monday, but im getting a non-mazda workshop to do mine + getting new brakes/pads installed...

in response to this, i had mine done yesterday
    got tunehouse to install rotors + pads + rear engine mount inserts + service (but leave the new filter on SRI)
    $430, so the 560 seems way too much to me

Sorry to dig up an old thread, But my MPS will soon be needing its 40,000km service and i just got quoted by Blacktown Mazda $595 which, to me, seems ridiculous. Anyone know what they do at 40,000 service to 30k (30k was $390) and if that is the usual rate? Cheers.

Default Re: 40k service - Quoted $560 ?? too much????

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    To add to this, I took my car to a local garage near me that services a lot of modified and performance cars and I know he does good work. The car is being serviced atm.

He can see Mazda have not replaced any of my filters at all, basically since new really.

Can't say I am surprised, so today it is having all new filters, Sri is being cleaned, MAF cleaned, new gearbox oil, complete oil change, basically the works.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast