User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High RPM, Big Turbos

Almost certain its a larger Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Looks like im on my own with this one! even the guys in the US have not done this. Lets see what happens . Problems i see are stroke length, DI firing, enough fuel. As Scaredycrow said

See how MPSGarage go with it

High RPM Big Turbo - Mazdaspeed Forums
    Luke you may be the first with this type of upgrade, but I'm sure the forum here will make sure you're not on your own. What you're doing here for the whole MPS/Mazdaspeed community is groundbreaking stuff and is what makes enthusiast forums like this so much fun. Most of us here would probably never dream of doing major mods of the like you're planning however we can read about and share your experiences which is almost as good as doing it yourself.

I tip my hat to you mate, and wish you success with this venture and like others will follow you every step of the way! May even have to make a trip over when it's finished

Great work mate

Chris
    Last edited by shakespeare; 11-01-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: can't spell!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Luke you may be the first with this type of upgrade, but I'm sure the forum here will make sure you're not on your own. What you're doing here for the whole MPS/Mazdaspeed community is groundbreaking stuff and is what makes enthusiast forums like this so much fun. Most of us here would probably never dream of doing major mods of the like you're planning however we can read about and share your experiences which is almost as good as doing it yourself.

I tip my hat to you mate, and wish you success with this venture and like others will follow you every step of the way! May even have to make a trip over when it's finished

Great work mate

Chris
    Quoted for truth

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Stroke length brings up a thought.
    Not sure about the specs on SP25s but do they have a larger bore ore larger stroke?
    If larger stroke could a SP25 crank be an option?

Most likely its a bore difference, but it could be something to look at
    Will need to shorten the rods tho? mpsg have the rods waiting to go in.

specs for bore and stroke 2.5ltr and 2.3ltr

http://www.mazda.com.au/Vehicles/Maz...fications.aspx

http://www.mazda.com.au/Vehicles/Maz...fications.aspx
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 11-01-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

So when are you getting a set of Nitrous tanks hooked up Luke?

@ Reedy

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Will need to shorten the rods tho? mpsg have the rods waiting to go in.

specs for bore and stroke 2.5ltr and 2.3ltr

Mazda Australia Zoom-Zoom - Mazda3 Specifications

Mazda Australia Zoom-Zoom - Mazda3 MPS Specifications
    I was with Reedy thinking that the bore would have been different. Was only a passing thought about stroke. But hmmmm.
    Stroking the 2.3 could be a very good way of getting the torque your looking for.
    Wonder if it is possible to fit a 2.5 crank to the 2.3?

Failing that, are you using stock or oversize pistons?
    Wonder if there is enough meat in the block to bore the motor so its square? (equal bore and stroke)

None of this may help you Luke, but a couple of interesting questions for the next person who wants to go all out with a motor (Troy )

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    None of this may help you Luke, but a couple of interesting questions for the next person who wants to go all out with a motor (Troy )
    I'm contemplating a new "upgrade" to the "project" dept too.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    +1 for sure. Count me in.
    i'll have to take a video of it

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post

Great work mate

Chris
    ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v (in plain english: what he said)
    really hope this all works out
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

What exhaust housing and a/r are you using for your turbo ? what rods and pistons are you using ? are you porting the heads ? when is your build gonig to be finished ?

2xs ( troy) has all the info on the turbo and mani. pretty sure its the normal 3076 a/r 60 (correct me if im wrong troy). the CPE rods/pistons ( cpe revised k1's and wisco pistons) head will support the power and rpm, using eibach valve springs (head will remain standard ) the build will be finished 28th january (hoping).

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

had a few pm's come through suggestions,things that will work and may not. DI should hold to 8000rpm as long as the cpe fuel pump spring can keep up. head will be ok till 8000rpm with the eibach valve springs ( retainers may be a problem ). Have been advised and also with my cam experience ( which is ok i think) will hold up. i still feel spining a bearing is a big concern even with the race bearings MPSGarage feel the same, so i have advised them to cut it off at 7700rpm i know the stroke will be ok till 7800rpm can increase later when a few more ks on the clock. In the past i have spun bearings in motors i have rebuild due to the rpm. once due to lack of oil preasure, looking at the mps oil pump cant see this being a problem. CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS COME TOGETHER hopefully not apart
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 13-01-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

The turbo is a Garrett GT 30/76 with .60 compressor cover.

Check the "30/71 : a direct bolt on" thread, all the details are in there aswell

that should be good for spool and a power output of easily over 400whp - thats what the guys in the US are getting with that turbo. im assuming a T3flange with ex wastegate ?

Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    that should be good for spool and a power output of easily over 400whp - thats what the guys in the US are getting with that turbo. im assuming a T3flange with ex wastegate ?
    MPS flange with internal gate.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I found a 3581 the other day...

update first post. 8000rpm cant be done on the budget i have.

bummer luke
    still get the 300+ fwkw? or just going a bit more sedate?

I just want to hear this thing go.

Good luck on the build.

i have 2 maps, so i can run a normal daily driver prob 200kw ish and one that will be 300kw+

keep us updated, will be interesting to see how it goes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast