User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZAS Detailing Library

Default ZAS Detailing Library

Hi Guys,

I've started a bit of a detailing library @ ZAS. It is a work in progress and will assist a lot of the beginners new to detailing.

If there is some kind of tutorial or information on a certain topic you would like included in the library you can let me know by posting in this thread or by PM or by the contact details in my signature.

ZAS Detailing Library
    Last edited by ZAS; 28-05-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Hi Guys

Just a bit of an update to the library.

1. Updated product recommendations with various info etc
    2. Added a topic on watermarks (waterspots) as this is the most common problem we get asked about
    3. Also added a graph showing the different buffing pad foams and their uses.

Hi Guys

Looking for suggestions on our next topic in the detailing library. If there is any topic you want covered, let me know either by PM or post here.

Topical, since I currently have this problem...how about how to remove bug splatter from the front of a car. I have cleaned off all the splatter and even run some light polish over the area but I can still see the mark where the splatter was despite cleaning it off within 4-5 hours, clearly this particular bug had some serious guts.

5. Default

does clay get stuff like that out ? they breed the bugs huge in Cowra

Clay does get that out. You just need to work at the area a bit harder.

No probs. I'll see if I can find a car with bug splatter and do a write up with images.

I don't think clay would get this out, I had similar bug splatter on my Civic and clay didn't help, when you rub your hand over the area it's as smooth as silk, but I'll try clay anyway and see if it helps...I'll try and take a picture of it and post it.

For a while I was living in country NSW and had constant bug splatter especially around spring time.

When you clay it, initially it will leave some of the etching behind. Firmly (but carefully) work the clay on the spot where the etching is, and keep working and it will disappear. The only time you won't get rid of it, is if the bugs have had time to actually damage your paint.

Heavy grade clay will remove it no problems, but will also cause some marring. Fine grade clay (which most are) is much more gentle so persistance for tough stains is required.

I went away on the weekend and I think I have some good ones on mine so I'll let them bake for the week for you and then post up some pics.

Alright I'll give the clay a go tonight and report results.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    For a while I was living in country NSW and had constant bug splatter especially around spring time.

When you clay it, initially it will leave some of the etching behind. Firmly (but carefully) work the clay on the spot where the etching is, and keep working and it will disappear. The only time you won't get rid of it, is if the bugs have had time to actually damage your paint.

Heavy grade clay will remove it no problems, but will also cause some marring. Fine grade clay (which most are) is much more gentle so persistance for tough stains is required.

I went away on the weekend and I think I have some good ones on mine so I'll let them bake for the week for you and then post up some pics.
    The Joel mobile takes another one for the team

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    The Joel mobile takes another one for the team
    . Poor thing.

I gave the clay a try and it did seem to diminish the stain, I then hit the area with some ScratchX which almost entirely removed it...the light was getting bad so I couldn't see for sure but I think mission accomplished, thanks BB and Joel for the suggestion.

Great! Glad you got it all cleaned up.

14. Default

Lycnhy would be so proud of his little apprentice

hey joel is there a specific vacuum for car interiors?

i cant get down the sides of the seats or under the seats properly... any tips?

Thanks, KARL

Detailers have been known to remove things like seats when they need to get serious with interior cleaning. One effective way of getting crap out of tight places is brushing it to get it airborne with the nozzle in there.

thanks, will it cause any problems to the car removing the seats for a thorough clean? im thinking about airbags n belt sensors stuff....

Thanks, KARL

Very good idea here

Quote Originally Posted by 3mpsblack View Post
    thanks, will it cause any problems to the car removing the seats for a thorough clean? im thinking about airbags n belt sensors stuff....

Thanks, KARL
    I'm not actually sure mate. I've never had to do it myself. Maybe an MPS tech head can contribute...

hmmm any1?

sorry joel i hope im not leading ur thread in the wrong direction.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast