User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZAS Detailing Library

No problems here mate

Blog Entries

Hey Joel,

Im gonna order some Banana Gloss. Can you recommend a polishing cloth so I can order that at the same time. My car is only 8 months old so the Banana Gloss should be all I need to give it a nice shine. Thanks!

The banana gloss doesnt last very long....i use megs tech wax under it and a long lasting sealant over the top to make it last longer

I wont mention the name it in Joels thread though

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Hey Joel,

Im gonna order some Banana Gloss. Can you recommend a polishing cloth so I can order that at the same time. My car is only 8 months old so the Banana Gloss should be all I need to give it a nice shine. Thanks!
    Hi Annie

Like Missy mentioned, Banana Gloss doesn't last very long. It is for short term "bling" and swirl concealment. If your car is gargared and you wash every week, you'll need to reapply it once a month or so.

What does work in its favour is that it is very easy on and off and takes only 10-15 minutes of your time to do. So if you intend to apply the product regularly it will work very well for you. It works quite well for me at the moment actually because I haven't had the time to machine polish my car and spend a weekend laying up a sealant. So once a month or so after I wash my car, spending 10-15 minutes to apply Banana Gloss is very convenient.

If you are looking for something durable though, then like missy said, use a sealant as a base and top periodically with Banana Gloss. The most durable of them all is Finish Kare 1000P.

The cloth I would recommend our ZAS Plush. The reason why is because one side is short, the other long. So for initial residue removal the short side will be most effective, then flip it over to the fluffy side for a final wipe. You'll also be able to use this towel for a range of applications like spray sealants, quick detail sprays. The short pile polishing towels are mostly used only for polish and wax residue.

Blog Entries

Thanks Joel for all that info! I do wash the car once (or twice) a week and it is garaged most of the time. I wouldn't mind shining it up once a month but certainly when it gets a bit older will look at the sealant. Thanks again!

Is there any particular car washor polish that repels dirt?

I don't wash my car much (always raining or wet roads) I think I washed my car after Jamboree last year (Aug) and that may have been the last time it was washed, if not once since then. I have Cosmic so it doesn't show up as much.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

I don't wash my car much (always raining or wet roads) I think I washed my car after Jamboree last year (Aug) and that may have been the last time it was washed, if not once since then. I have Cosmic so it doesn't show up as much.

Thanks.
    A synthetic wax (sealant) will make cleaning easier, and an anti-static QD like Prima Slick or FK425 will reduce dust build up, but nothing will save you when you only wash once a year

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post

Thanks.
    Pay me i'll do it

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Pay me i'll do it
    Actually yeah! There's your best option right there!

lol my mates get me to details thier cars sometimes but i don't really share the same luv as i do for my own :P

anyone got any information RE: pulling the seats out yet? im sorry but i havnt had any luck.... might be time to call mazda servcing n c wat they say :s

@ZAS PM send :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12