User Tag List

Thread: Sub forum areas have no links?

1. Default Sub forum areas have no links?

Hi,

I started this question in the ACT brunch thread, and as it doesn't belong there, I'll unhijack that thread and start a new one here.

The issue is as such.

The main index page of the forum works fine (http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/forum.php). All links render correctly and I can click on each one and proceed to the target page.

Once I'm in the sub forum, and it doesn't matter which area I'm in, whether it be New Members Area, Mods, Club Cruises/SocialEvents, the links between "+Post New Topic" and the first "Moderators of this forum" profile link don't display anything but text.

Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    Firefox 3.6.13

I've added some screenshots, but you'll have to take my word that my mouse is hovering over the circled bits when I take the screenshots.

Edit for more information: Once I'm in a thread, either by a link from another post, or opening the page source and selecting the hyperlink and pasting it directly into the address bar, all links on the page work again. It's only the thread links that don't work for me, and a few utility links below the threads.

Cheers,
    Loxmyf
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OzMPS sub nolink.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	7005Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OzMPS main.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	7006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OzMPS sub link.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	7007
    Last edited by Loxmyf; 09-01-2011 at 09:34 PM.

try disabling all your addins? and/or make sure IE is ok?

3. Default

Disabled all my firefox addons, one at a time. No change.

Hmm, everything works in IE 8.

At the bottom of the main forum page is the Quick Style Chooser pull down menu. Maybe try changing it to "OZMPS Black" and see if the same thing occurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Default

Disable noscript

6. Default

Noscript was the first one I disabled. And then completely uninstalled.

The issue happens here at work too. However, changing to the black layout fixes the issue.

The only trouble with the black layout is that I can't read white text on a black background.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxmyf View Post
    Noscript was the first one I disabled. And then completely uninstalled.

The issue happens here at work too. However, changing to the black layout fixes the issue.

The only trouble with the black layout is that I can't read white text on a black background.
    Sounds like an issue with the White Style and possibly your version of Firefox.

Best bet might be to PM Rowan (armthehomeless). I know there were other issues with the White Style, but not sure if they've been resolved yet.

Maybe you can also try reverting your version of Firefox to a previous version in the meantime, or use another browser (IE, Safari, etc)

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

tested, and it's the same for me (W7, FF is no good and IE8 works)

9. Default

Yeh I have some issues with things using white background too

+1 for same problem with white theme on Firefox. (IE/Chrome etc work fine)

Have tried on several different PCs, with varying versions of Firefox with and without add-ons.

Change to black theme works fine.

+1

Black is not work friendly