User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAZDA MPS 6 wheels on MAZDA MPS 3 ??????

Hey a photo of mine!

Yeah fit right on as they are the exact same. Pulled the tiers off mine and stuck them on those and off I went.

Didn't see many pics on this topic so thought I would add a few to give more of an idea...

Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Have a really good set of MPS 6 rims if anyone is interested
    I would like to buy ONE only MPS6 rim to replace that 'orrible yellow "space saver" spare that doesnt actually save any space.

Any other MPS6 owners want to get together and split a set for replacement spares?

Apart from the fact the yellow rims look they also limit speed to 80KPH. Not so bad if you are just running around town, but I can think of situations where one could be forced to drive at 80KPH for large distances for lack of a decent spare.

C'arn... ya know yas wanna......

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

4. Default

I posted some i found on ebay last night Leon, hope you get 3 other members keen to join u And they do fit perfectly in spare wheel well too

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    I posted some i found on ebay last night Leon, hope you get 3 other members keen to join u And they do fit perfectly in spare wheel well too
    Thanks Mel, I did see your post re the ebay set. I have put that ad on my ebay watchlist.
    "hope you get 3 other members keen to join u "...... hmmmm, so I take it you arent interested in a "proper" spare?.....

Yup, they sure do fit.... gotta wonder what Mazda were thinking when they supplied a quality car with that yellow piece of junk as a spare heh?

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

6. Default

I have a proper spare, I got 5 of my aftermarket rims

hmmm, that's tempting to get a set of those
    any idea as to weight of a 6MPS vs 3MPS?
    pretty sure it's 18x7.5 vs 18x7, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    hmmm, that's tempting to get a set of those
    any idea as to weight of a 6MPS vs 3MPS?
    pretty sure it's 18x7.5 vs 18x7, right?
    Both 18x7 I think you'll find Sam (6MPS and 3MPS Gen I)

MPS3 Gen II is 18x7.5

Weight-wise, between MPS6 and MPS3 Gen 1, I think there's about 0.5kg diff per wheel. I remember seeing somewhere that MPS3 wheels are about 10.8/10.9kg per wheel (not including tyre). MPS6 is about 10.2Kg (also not including tyre)

So bugger all difference in other words
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

That's 2kg difference on all four though! I wasn't sure any rim could weigh more than the MPS6 rim lol. They're heavy as including tyres

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    That's 2kg difference on all four though! I wasn't sure any rim could weigh more than the MPS6 rim lol. They're heavy as including tyres
    mate, I just don't see that as a big saving on a road car that weighs more than 1400kg.

It'd be a consideration if I were setting up a pure track car for competitive purposes (along with ripping out great swags of interior, replacing those massively heavy seats, removing sound deadening materials etc etc etc), but other than that what's 2kg between mates?

I know you could make the sprung/unsprung weight argument, but for my mind, in a road car, it's not something I'd bother with TBH

Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 04-03-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Hehe, I take all the weight saving I can get! I was doing sit-ups a week before I went to the drags haha! Managed to cut down 40kgs out of the boot and interior, just light stuff, nothing too major, perhaps next time take out the seats. If I wanted I reckon I could approach the Mazda 3 stock kerb weight yet still remain AWD Not sure about taking the passenger seat out with the air-bag sensor though...

Hehe, I take all the weight saving I can get! I was doing sit-ups a week before I went to the drags haha! Managed to cut down 40kgs out of the boot and interior, just light stuff, nothing too major, perhaps next time take out the seats. If I wanted I reckon I could approach the Mazda 3 stock kerb weight yet still remain AWD Not sure about taking the passenger seat out with the air-bag sensor though...
    Ahh you see that's the difference between you and me mate. I'm a fat bastard

I used to sprint 260Z's with a guy who'd always duck to the bathroom before going on the track to get "extra weight saving". He was the brunt of many jokes as a result

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Ahh you see that's the difference between you and me mate. I'm a fat bastard
    I see..

When I done the sound system on my Nissan Pulsar I took everything out and went for a drive, was quick. Ever since I always take weight out if I plan on travelling fast at drags etc. One of the reasons to get an exhaust on the CBR too, weight (-) and power (+)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I see..

Yeah....not so much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12