User Tag List

Thread: Ipod Cable for MPS 6 - not Bose

Default Ipod Cable for MPS 6 - not Bose

HI All,

I have posted something on an old thread about options a while and got no response so I am trying again.

I want to have the ability to use my Ipod in my car, especially now that my sub is in.

What are my options for the non Bose factory MPS stereo to connect my Ipod and ideally still have the use of my steering wheels controls etc. I would prefer to be able to tuck the Ipod away and at least have the ability to change tracks and volume by the factory controls.

Any thoughts?? I would prefer to avoid Ebay.

Thanks in advance.
    Todd

There's some info in this link

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...zda-mps-2.html

A while back there was a group buy on some ipod cables details here

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...-usb-link.html

Or you could try Mazda and see what they have available, when I bought my 6 it cost me about $300 installed from the dealer.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

3. Default

I got one of the group buy ones and it works a treat, I have an ipod that lives permanently in my glove box where the cable goes from the back of that to the stereo. I thought a little while back someone on here was selling one they didnt want.

I know you said you want to avoid EBAY...............but I bought a cable from these guys for my 6 standard radio

ASL Automedia

They are located in victoria and you can pick up/ visit in person they are in Wantirna from memory or down south somewhere!!!

The cable was only aroung $70 posted & delivered within 24 Hours!!! very easy to install took all of 5 Minutes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLEEMO View Post
    I know you said you want to avoid EBAY...............but I bought a cable from these guys for my 6 standard radio

ASL Automedia

They are located in victoria and you can pick up/ visit in person they are in Wantirna from memory or down south somewhere!!!

The cable was only aroung $70 posted & delivered within 24 Hours!!! very easy to install took all of 5 Minutes!!!
    is it this one?

ASL automedia Pty Ltd :: iPhone_iTouch :: iPhone iTouch Mazda Ford Ranger

Dont bother getting anything exept this:

XCarlink iPod/iPhone interface Mazda Honda Toyota VW++ (eBay item 280630484024 end time 25-Feb-11 19:49:35 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

ive used that in my last 3 cars including my MPS and it works amazingly well!

it allows you to control the ipod/iphone directly from the head unit or steeringwheel controls, including playlist switching, next track, backtrack, shuffle, FF, RW etc etc all while keeping it charged! love it

Try GROM

Mazda 02-08 GROM iPod Adapter Direct Interface V3

I have the last version of it and have had no problems. Very easy to install.

Just to confirm, the above kits will work with the non bose mps6 right?

I am using the GROM in my MPS6 without Bose

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Try GROM

Mazda 02-08 GROM iPod Adapter Direct Interface V3

I have the last version of it and have had no problems. Very easy to install.
    Does this unit or the xlink show the track that's currently playing?

The GROM acts as a 6CD changer, so basically "disc 1" controls the iPod and lets you control it as well, but doesn't show track time on the dash display. Discs 2-6 allow the stereo only to control the iPod, playing preset playlists as if they were CDs, and displays track number and time elapsed.

It doesn't show the track name though.