User Tag List

Thread: Can't access classifieds section

1. Default Can't access classifieds section

Hello all, was wondering why I couldnt read an ad in the "for sale section" but realised it had been moved and that I can get in to the rest of the section so all good.

am very interested in getting an MPS6 but having read of the problems that some members have had,makes me a little hesitant. Will continue to read some more.........
    Last edited by greenjudas; 05-01-2011 at 08:42 AM.

2. Default

Can you see the for sale section ?

Hey mate and to ozMPSclub.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to view threads in the for sale section although you may have difficulties posting in such due to a low post count (new members). Sounds like just an issue with that particular thread being moved and you being unable to access at the point.

Not all members have had problems with the MPS6, it depends on the car really. There are some members who have brand new Gen II MPS3's and have had the engine out for warranty repair. I wouldn't be too put off but you're more than welcome to research and educate yourself before making and such commitment toward buying.

If there's any questions you have on the MPS6, feel free to ask. BB above and myself own MPS6's with minor problems. The only issue I've had was a water pump leak (bad seals) and I had a rubber boot leak which I hope to get sorted next service. In general they're great cars. I would say the more common fault is the turbo smoke that some MPS's experience. My mate has had this problem. As yet, I have yet to experience such an issue.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

4. Default

Thanks for the replies fella's.

Sorry for a newb Q and I did read about the 'smoke'....if an MPS6 had this problem is it an expensive fix?

Depends if it's under warranty. There are a few options, but you're leaning towards a new turbo. BNR stage I or stage III seem a good choice. A mate of mine has a Stage III ...it's quick!
    Then again some members have cracked 100,000km still on the stock turbo.

6. Default

Thanks Rogwick..........any idea of what sort of money would I be looking at for those that you mentioned?

No worries, if you were to pursue a BNR turbo it's best to email them as I'm not sure if they require a core exchange.
    Toddy will know as he's gone down this path recently, rough prices $USD below

BNR - Stage I - $950
    BNR - Stage II - $1100
    BNR - Stage III - $1200

Source: http://bnrsupercars.com Then you have installation costs. I think in the end Toddy ended up paying somewhere around $1700 give or take.
    I'm sure he won't mind answering a few questions if you're keen on a turbo (if the MPS6 needs one)

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers