User Tag List

Thread: Cruise Thread Ideas for us ACT folk

1. Default Cruise Thread Ideas for us ACT folk

Post your cruise thread ideas in here for great places to drive to, local, day trips or favourite weekend away drives

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Casuarina Sands for a BBQ

Here's an idea for a approximate 320km round trip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meetup: Queanbeyan (spotlight) ...maybe 9am.

drive via Captains flat road to Braidwood and grab a iced coffee (or other) for energy

continue on to Oallen -> Bungonia -> Goulburn -> Tarago

then at Tarago have lunch at the "Loaded Dog Hotel"

click --->Loaded Dog Hotel Tarago

then a lazy trip to Bungendore and finally Queanbeyan and home!

click ---> Queanbeyan New South Wales to Queanbeyan New South Wales - Google Maps

** Finally, many of these roads to be taken are completely new to me, if anyone knows them to be bad/dangerous etc, please pipe in and let me know so I can re-adjust. **

If there's enough interest I can work out more detail and post it formally as a cruise.
    Last edited by lucifuge; 01-01-2011 at 06:20 PM.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

3. Default

Sounds good Brett, might be worth a practice run to see what the roads are like

Default a plan

sounds ok to a new ACT based MPS 6 owner

5. Default

hey gasman Welcome post an intro thread about yourself and your car, Im guessing I know what car you have got yourself

The road to Googong dam is pretty interesting, nice area to go to for a short drive. Good photos at the other end, places to sit in the shade, walk along the water

7. Default

Skidpan day?

When driving between Goulburn and Sydney I can definitely recommend turning off the Hume Highway immediately after Marulan and taking The Highland Waythrough Tallong, Wingello, Bundanoon, Exeter and Sutton Forest. Rejoin the Hume Freeway north of the McD's/south of Berrima. This only adds a few minutes to the trip but is much more enjoyable with some twisties, straights, and very little traffic.

I can also add that none of the roads to Nerriga from Bungendore or Braidwood are sealed *all the way*. The dirt roads are "good dirt" - to anyone who doesn't mind a filthy car and driving really slowly on windy dirt roads. I'd suggest all ozmpsclub members find another route from Canberra to Nowra though. Nerriga to Nowra is sealed and good.