User Tag List

Thread: Possible Engine Mount issue?

Default Possible Engine Mount issue?

Hi guys, i'm most certain that this topic has been discussed million times, but still wanted to ask something.

I have 08 MPS3 with fairly low ks.

I have noticed that when i accelerate hard and try to quickly shift from 2nd to 3rd, sometimes i find it hard to actually put the stick into position. It doesn't happened during normal driving. Is it engine mount issue or could it be something else?

Normal.
    CPE (or similar) engine mount helps, but not the cure.
    The MPS gearbox just doesn't like fast shifting

Mine is the same, cept I sometimes crunch 3rd, which is rather embarrassing...

The harder ans faster you try to shift; the worse it is. As said the MPS gearbox wasn't designed for quick-shifting.

I see, ok thanks for the useful info. I'm gonna get CPE engine mount, hope its gonna make a small difference. As for now..I will go easy on shifting )))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    The harder ans faster you try to shift; the worse it is. As said the MPS gearbox wasn't designed for quick-shifting.
    But having said that, a 75 duro mount and a short shift plate make all the difference. You will be able to shift quickly, but it will never be a good box for slamming it from 2nd to third. Practice, smooth, finesse, you can be quick and reliable without crunching. Be quick with gentle movements, not quick with force, grasshopper.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

I find being fast with the clutch and gently flicking through the gears works for speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    I find being fast with the clutch and gently flicking through the gears works for speed...
    Same. A smooth flick is the quickest way on these boxes imo. A short shift plate in addition to the engine mount makes the flicks even easier (and still very quick)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now