User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any word on a model refresh MPS3?

Default Any word on a model refresh MPS3?

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone was aware if a mid-life refresh of the Mazda3 MPS was due anytime soon (similar to how there was a "Series 2" BK model).

Yes, all in good time.

Cheerio Celestial Blue. Hello Crystal White Pearl!

Yeah I remember people suggesting the white would replace the blue - any idea of time frames we're looking at? (currently looking at buying an MPS again, and don't really want to buy one only for for a new model to be released a month or so later )

I would hold off then becoz series 2 refresh I'm guessing will be 1st quarter of 2011

If they get rid of the blue then ill be even more stoked I chose to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    I've grown to like the blue now, the new Gen 2 Grand Prix Race car is this blue.....I wanted to take photo's of it but missed by a week because they gave Mazda Australia 1st option for exclusive photo's ...

+ 1

But I do not think we are getting White. I think it was meantion on OMC a little bit back that white was applied for but was knocked back.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I've grown to like the blue now, the new Gen 2 Grand Prix Race car is this blue.....I wanted to take photo's of it but missed by a week because they gave Mazda Australia 1st option for exclusive photo's ...
    If you wanted shots that badly you should have told me..it came in last week.

Quote Originally Posted by albii View Post
    If you wanted shots that badly you should have told me..it came in last week.
    I was up at talking with Graeme a few times over the weeks seen the car many times at Narangba , just left it to long to take photo's and when I did Mazda Australia wanted exclusive 1st shot's for the magazine ...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    + 1

But I do not think we are getting White. I think it was meantion on OMC a little bit back that white was applied for but was knocked back.
    really stupid that its not offered in white and radiant ebony !!!!
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    + 1

My sources tell me it's White and that's not from a dealership, hey but I've seen back flips....

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    My sources tell me it's White and that's not from a dealership, hey but I've seen back flips....

I hope you are correct and he was able to get the decision changed or he was playing with them so when white comes people are surprised.

I can not find the comment now but it was made by the guru (only reason I paid attention to it).

well i dont understand why Mazda Australia dont wanna sell more MPS

A white 3MPS in Gen1 would have boosted sales and figures...and you think a Gen2 in white was obvious.

a few members already have white Gen2...so that should ring alarm bells for Mazda Aust..

The blue doesnt sell...so scrap it and put something up that does..

Happy Motoring
    duglet

The only answer that I can come up with, that makes half sense is. Note this is just a theory.

All markets that the MPS sell in appear to only be gettting 4 of the 5 colours available. We just happen to be the country to miss out on the white.

Now the reason they are holding back the other colour is that Mazda are hoping at some stage can produce a special addition. I do not think they got around to doing in the Gen 1 but they are holding out hope for Gen 2.

So in theory we could get a special addition in white and maybe 4wd .

Well we can hope.

250kW and 4WD please. Make all those Golf R's and Audi S3's look like fools!

Hmm as much as i like the idea i doubt that'll happen... Boosting power and AWD is gonna jack up the prices to sky high and then no one will pay for it hence bad for sales... Kinda like the 6MPS No more 6MPS 2nd Gen... Sets an example?

250kW and 4WD please. Make all those Golf R's and Audi S3's look like fools!

Well no, if Mazda did it then it would still be cheaper than a Golf R, and that certainly sells.
    Last edited by Reedy; 30-12-2010 at 09:18 AM.

When would the new shape come out? I'll probably get one of them when it does.

I don't believe the 6 was stopped due to pricing, thought the 6 was stopped because in America it has the cx9 engine so more power can't make a less powerful mps..

tufmps is correct

America the main market for MPS had their own agenda with a different model Mazda 6 with V6 and no 4 pot so it wasnt viable for Japan to make a 6MPS with less power output than a regular Mazda 6

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and Vodafail 3G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast