User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypertech Tunes & MAF sizes

Hi guys,

Bringing up an old thead, ive been doing some research as im in the process of purchasing a hyertech. I currently have a 2XS SRI installed and I have measured he MAF Housing and it is the same size as the stock maf housing :s
    So why did the guys using the 2xs intake use the corksport tune??

Quote Originally Posted by 08 mazda3 mps View Post
    Hi guys,

Bringing up an old thead, ive been doing some research as im in the process of purchasing a hyertech. I currently have a 2XS SRI installed and I have measured he MAF Housing and it is the same size as the stock maf housing :s
    So why did the guys using the 2xs intake use the corksport tune??
    I picked my map based on AFR. There wasn't a massive amount of difference between the various intake sizes, but the AFR does change enough to matter.

I realise that this is a very old thread....but theres gotta be a few of you around to advise me on this (hopefully very simple) issue....
    I have recieved my used hypertech and noticed that the previous owner hadnt even opened (still sealed bag) the data link that hooks the tuner up to the computer usb port.
    First thing I did was update the tuner to the latest software BUT I couldnt find anything to select the intake type.
    Is the selection of intake type something that is done on the tuner itself, rather than via the hypertech site that you get the updates from?
    If its as easy as selecting the updates from the handset when prompted at the install stage, too easy.
    If theres something I missed when loading the latest update, I need help working out how to get the info off their site pls.....
    Cheers in advance.

@SarcasticOne

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I realise that this is a very old thread....but theres gotta be a few of you around to advise me on this (hopefully very simple) issue....
    I have recieved my used hypertech and noticed that the previous owner hadnt even opened (still sealed bag) the data link that hooks the tuner up to the computer usb port.
    First thing I did was update the tuner to the latest software BUT I couldnt find anything to select the intake type.
    Is the selection of intake type something that is done on the tuner itself, rather than via the hypertech site that you get the updates from?
    If its as easy as selecting the updates from the handset when prompted at the install stage, too easy.
    If theres something I missed when loading the latest update, I need help working out how to get the info off their site pls.....
    Cheers in advance.
    Do it when installing

Install Video for reference:
    https://youtu.be/PyWqMtFc9XI
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Do it when installing

Install Video for reference:
    https://youtu.be/PyWqMtFc9XI
    Thankyou Sam. That vid is different to the one on the hypertech disk provided with the kit.
    Im also assuming that when they ask if the cold air kit has been installed, they are treating sri and cold air as one and the same? As in, it doesnt ask if a sri has been fitted, and that the sri selections fall under the cold air selections?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Thankyou Sam. That vid is different to the one on the hypertech disk provided with the kit.
    Im also assuming that when they ask if the cold air kit has been installed, they are treating sri and cold air as one and the same? As in, it doesnt ask if a sri has been fitted, and that the sri selections fall under the cold air selections?
    yup, they're treated the same!

that's also an old video, but it should give you an idea how they're installed
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12