User Tag List

Thread: 255/50R16's will they fit on the front?

Default 255/50R16's will they fit on the front?

Im looking into a set of drag radials for the 3 to use at the track, there are very little sizes avail in 16", i have heard guys runnin 245's but im wondering if 255's would fit on the front. They will be used at the drags only, so if they scud a bit when turning it would be no biggy.

Jason

you wont get a 16" wheel over your brakes.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Blog Entries

Depends on the offset. At +52.5 stock offset they could scud a lot rather than a little

You might need to use an offset that would be illegal on public roads - reduce the track and get some more clearance. It's not like you'll be needing to be going round corners at speed.

offset of 55 will prob let you get 245 under there, and 255 with some light to moderate rubbing...

Have you a wheel you intend to fit them to?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    you wont get a 16" wheel over your brakes.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    oh yeah.

The Series 6-8 RX-7 wheels have been succesfully fitted over in the US on Mazdaspeed/MPS 3's, they're 16"

There are a lot of 16 that fit the 3, as stated the FD rx7 ones fit great aparently. Mate has some Accord Euro rims im going to try on the weekend. There are guys running 245's on them aswell with larger rims, may need some guard rolling but only for road use i would think. Guys are running 26x9.5" slicks in the states so it should be right. Just wanted to see if anyone on here had first hand experience.

I've got 245's on mine... i can't imagine 255's.. anyone who has seen my car would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    I've got 245's on mine... i can't imagine 255's.. anyone who has seen my car would understand.
    What rims are you running the 245's on? Any pics of the clearance (or lack of!) with them on?

i've got a few around.. mostly only can see the vertical clearance issues. i'll take a specific one later, really can't be bothered right now.
    Last edited by TUFMPS; 14-02-2009 at 01:11 PM.

What size rims are they tho? 20's? Are you talking about being close to the guards or suspension side of things?

Blog Entries

I believe those are +45 offset - If you can fit 245 on that without very serious issues, then +55 offset will let you get 255 under there with ~5mm more clearance than these have....I suspect that means less rubbing rather than no rubbing at all. Being smaller rims you should have more shoulder clearance on top of that...

I would expect these (below) to be interfacing with the rear arch quite a lot without an aggressive roll to the guards. Certainly at the rear there's a lot of suspension clearance and on the inside that's not an expected problem. Not as sure about up front as your inside track is 22.5mm closer to suspension components if you fit 255 at +55 offset.

Quote Originally Posted by TUFMPS View Post
    i've got a few around.. mostly only can see the vertical clearance issues. i'll take a specific one later, really can't be bothered right now.
    Last edited by Nexus; 15-02-2009 at 02:16 PM.

20's on mine. All looks and no go.

The rear has been rolled-cut the tyres up pretty bad in a couple of days.

Front doesn't scrape but there is virtually no suspension travel. Don't know how it will go with the new suspension.

I will have no probs with scraping in the rear, check my thread in this section to see the wheels im runnin on the rear