User Tag List

Thread: In possession - Turbine Tech Front engine mount for MPS3

Default Installed - Turbine Tech Front engine mount for MPS3

So I bit the bullet and bought a Turbinetech front engine mount for the MPS3.

Hopefully get it installed on Friday so will post up impression and so forth

I mainly got to this complement the CPE rear engine mount and also to improve gear shifts as I feel the rear mount alone is not enough

The item weighs roughly 4kg so not too bad.

Last edited by lup15; 24-12-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Get ready for vibes mate, lots of vibes from what I have heard.

I does look the business though.

I'm hoping it won't be too drastic on NVH after talking with the R&D manager who said it shouldn't increase it too much. We'll see on Friday

Default Installed - first impressions

Installed the mount. took about 3hrs due to a few things. I'll write a how to once everything is finalised as I have run into a problem.

Firstly, there are NO extra vibrations. Zilch. I will go to the extent to say it actually REDUCED vibes compared to when I had the CPE rear mount by itself. Hard to believe, but the the R&D manager Jess from Turbinetech said that there will be no extra vibes, he was absolutely correct.

How does it feel? Gear changes are definately smoother with each shift slotting in nicely. I use to have a gear crunch when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd, this is somewhat improved. still does it on occasions. The car definately feels a lot more solid in the front, both due to the engine moving less, and that this actually provides some bracing to an extent for the lower control arms. The frame you see in my first post, connects the car chassis to the front lower control arm.

However as I mentioned I have run into a problem, fitment. The fitment is not spot on and thus I have been unable to fully mount the frame to the chassis. I will be contacting TT to see what they can do, but until then I will be removing the mount. When I have this resolved I will update with another impression. The vibes may be worse should things be fully bolted up, but we'll see.

That's always fitment issues with part from overseas. They never bolt on straight! I learnt that from CS.

Anyway, Good luck with TT! Hope they will send you a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    However as I mentioned I have run into a problem, fitment. The fitment is not spot on and thus I have been unable to fully mount the frame to the chassis. I will be contacting TT to see what they can do, but until then I will be removing the mount. When I have this resolved I will update with another impression. The vibes may be worse should things be fully bolted up, but we'll see.
    Any followup on this. Did you manage to get it to fit properly.

My front mount needs to be replace after only 21k kms so not wanting to put another stock one in.

I ended up using rubber to fill the gap. The MPS 3 doesn't have a front engine mount hence the addition of this. ARe you talking about a rear engine mount?

Mazda definatley said the front engine mount (already have replaced the rear engone mount), will double check what the paperworks says when I get home.

Maybe they actualy meant a side engine mount, will have to have a good look myself.

Paperwork definately says front engine mount. I think they don't really know what they are doing (what a suprise for a stealership) or they just have a different name than anybody else for one of the side mounts.

Will look at the workshop manual and have an inspect myself, makes enough rattle and noise should be easy enough to see the faulty one.

interesting, should ask to see exactly they are referring to. keep us posted

Some people will refer to the FRONT of the engine, not the front of the car. Technically they are correct. It is the mount at the front of the engine, opposite the flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by WispRush View Post
    Mazda definatley said the front engine mount (already have replaced the rear engone mount), will double check what the paperworks says when I get home.

Maybe they actualy meant a side engine mount, will have to have a good look myself.
    yep hes right by front they are talking about the drivers side motor mount because it is at the front of the motor but not the car
    05 VR 6 MPS LUXURY - WHATS STOCK????
    Winner of Most modified @ Smokeys car meet
    UP an coming events: Winton Track day 17th December

Remember pay by the 16th of November and get free lunch and drinks on day
    Next install: New Head, ARP Studs, Upgraded VVT, BSD, Mazdaspeed Coil Cover, Injector seals + studs