User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPS6 drivers VS MPS3 drivers

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    Yeah, It's just you ;-)

Are you reading the forum as black text on white background?
    If so , reverse the colour scheme using the option at the bottom left of this page (change to "OzMPSclub Black".
    Thanks Mate, Mel sorted me in forum chat..... but much appreciated.

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

It's hard not to get cocky with an MPS 3

3. Default

leave it down to AWD envy...

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    I think dougs rather amusing comment went over your head sorry.

And the Subaru doesn't torque steer because you need torque to torque steer.
    Seems it did indeed, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pHiLix View Post
    It's hard not to get cocky with an MPS 3
    Also not to forget that the MPS 3 is Mazda's Devil child, reckless, out of control, and a public menace with it's lane hogging torque steer and earth moving power!
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

I don't actually find the torque steer to be much of a bother. Sure, it's there, but it's not that bad really.... I know I'm in the so called tame Gen 2 , but I've driven a Gen 1 and didn't really seem to notice much difference.

I don't usually react at all when I see a 6MPS, I encountered one on the way to work a few months back, he was happy to have a bit of fun up the hill, and I was happy to sit behind him to give him a spectacular view in his rearview mirror . The only reason I usually try to get in front of other MPS's is to show em the OMPSC sticker , and I don't do it in a reckless weaving kind of way.

I will admit the MPS makes it all too easy to speed. I've had one speeding ticket in the 12 months I've had the car (either not so Leehoon or just lucky? ) but it couldn've been more and I've been really trying to keep that right foot under control of late.

Oh and Rogwick, most of the 6MPS drivers I've seen have been in the "mature" bracket

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i'll sit there and give it a bit of gas when the conditions allow, but i'll happily sit behind a bus for a good 5 minutes to turn left (right leeHOON?)
    Enter bus

Leehoon: stupid bus, he'll go around it, he should go around it, hmmmm, why's he not going around it? Hmmmm, no traffic in the other lane, he'll go around it soon, surely he'll go around it, should I go around him and the bus? No, better stay behind him, don't know where I'm going. What is with this stupid bus doing 50, surely that'll make him go around it. Are we turning left up here or something? Maybe that's why he hasn't gone around it. *sigh* He's not going around it, guess I'll just have to be patient and poke fun at him later for it, come up with a new nickname like PatientOne or something similar.

Last edited by Leelu; 22-12-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

BD581, Glad someone understands my back-of-matchbox type humour :-)

BTW, I'd rather think that Subaru's don't torque steer as any noticeable steer effect (that might be observable if they were FWD) is offset by their full-time AWD. As with MPS6's which actually have some torque worth speaking of - in fact any comparisons with other cars in similar price/class ranges shows their output to be quite remarkable, especially for their engine capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    As an MPS 3 owner i have to say that i totally agree.
    I think its more to do with the market for each car.
    the 3 is a "hot hatch" and generally hot hatch owners are younger and more likely to drive more agressively.
    The 6 is more of a "grand tourer" and more attracted to the "mature" driver.

I know there are obvious exceptions, but its a fairly accurate generalisation....... unfortunately.
    i think this is pretty much spot on...
    i really want to test drive an MPS3 now...as i really like my wifes SP23 for zippier driving. my wifes all for upgrading as shes into that fast and furious kinda stuff.

also...i totally agree 100% with doug (quote below)...i know i bought the right car for my driving style/route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    The MPS6 is more of a high performance GT rather than a street light dragster. I have too much respect for my transmission and tyres to seriously get on boost in 1st gear. I'll roll in 1st & 2nd usually and let 3rd reel in the opposition!

It's the open road passing legs (80-120 km/h: 5.3 seconds - Mazda figures) that I like, and a super tall economical 6th gear. I like the four-door cruising style (GT means high speed, four door touring anyway), and most of my cars have fitted into this category (Vauxhall VX4/90 & other variants, Javelin, Maserati Quattroporte, Jaguar 2.4 & 3.4 & Sovereign V12, Renault 25GTX, Citroen Deese 25 Injected, Alfa 1750, etc)
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 22-12-2010 at 01:42 PM.

I don't race MPS6's cause the ones near me are piloted by gentlemen of the "older" variety who are particularly sore losers that think a '6 beats a '3 anyday cause its a higher number...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    i think this is pretty much spot on...
    i really want to test drive an MPS3 now...as i really like my wifes SP23 for zippier driving. my wifes all for upgrading as shes into that fast and furious kinda stuff.

also...i totally agree 100% with doug (quote below)...i know i bought the right car for my driving style/route.
    U can test drive mine when its going its going to be fun( shut up Sam, dont go there)
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    I don't race MPS6's cause the ones near me are piloted by gentlemen of the "older" variety who are particularly sore losers that think a '6 beats a '3 anyday cause its a higher number...
    Thanks Scaredycrow.

I may live 5,000 k's from you, but it's comforting to know that we "mature" MPS6 drivers are tarred with the same brush wherever we may be.
    I'm not often called a gentleman, but I'll take the compliment anyway. If that's the price for driving a proper car, then so be it.
    (...oh yes, and that small matter of corners, so much nicer in AWD)

...all meant in good humour, let's not get too serious now.

...oh, and if we're at all slower, maybe it's because we're carrying a bit more tare (the driver, not the car).
    Last edited by guitar69; 22-12-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: weight disparity issue

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    U can test drive mine when its going its going to be fun( shut up Sam, dont go there)
    you mean MPSG will let you borrow their car?
    it was pretty fun when i drove it god help anyone who drives it when it's MORE fun
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    Thanks Scaredycrow.

I may live 5,000 k's from you, but it's comforting to know that we "mature" MPS6 drivers are tarred with the same brush wherever we may be.
    I'm not often called a gentleman, but I'll take the compliment anyway. If that's the price for driving a proper car, then so be it.
    (...oh yes, and that small matter of corners, so much nicer in AWD)

...all meant in good humour, let's not get too serious now.

...oh, and if we're at all slower, maybe it's because we're carrying a bit more tare (the driver, not the car).
    Lol yeah mate, I thought the "near me" part of my post stood out more. Happy to call you a gentleman anytime

Oh and all purely based on my experience, I'm happy to run with any and every MPS driver whos keen

MPS Drivers FTW!!!

Something I can take away from this thread is I'm a gentleman in a nice car?! ...Or so I would like to think so!

Something I can take away from this thread is I'm a gentleman in a nice car?! ...Or so I would like to think so!

Well I can vouch for that anyway. Cheers mate. Have a good one! :-)

Ditto Doug, have a great one too! And to all MPS (3/6) and other drivers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12