User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tuning Solution

Default New Tuning Solution

Hey all,

All I can say is a new tuning solution will be on the market very soon

Testing with a beta car has occured and is to be completed within a week or so and then a little more time required for the hardware element.

tease...

Blog Entries

Can't wait to hear and see more details

Well, I called in to CT and noticed a black mps. I mentioned that Id like a dyno so as to look at my boost levels / afrs etc. The black car turns out to be the test car and is running a base flash as we speak. They claim to be a week away from signing off on the base and then they can develope several canned tunes and finalise price etc.

They would not commit to price exactly but did suggest it would be the same as the WRX/EVO setup, $999.

They are seeking to better the exede power gains and have much better delivery/driveability due to now controlling cams and throttle etc.

For specific mod combos like mine they will dyno and custom tune to suit my specific car and I can hold this tune as well as any others inc the stocker on the Ezyflash handset. It will also come with a valet / data logging and fault light diagnosis/removal etc etc

They do tend to take forever I know but lets hope this time frame is for real, based on the beta car etc It seems highly likely
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

I rang Chiptorque in October & they said "a few weeks" . I rang them in December & they said "the main guy involved with it is on holidays" (fair enough). I rang them twice today & left my name & number...........guess what .......im still waiting for a farking phone call.
    But i was told...."we do have a XEDE that will fit your car"..................
    C'mon Magoo , spill the beans. Thats the same story i got from Chiptorque 4mths ago....

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I rang Chiptorque in October & they said "a few weeks" . I rang them in December & they said "the main guy involved with it is on holidays" (fair enough). I rang them twice today & left my name & number...........guess what .......im still waiting for a farking phone call.
    But i was told...."we do have a XEDE that will fit your car"..................
    C'mon Magoo , spill the beans. Thats the same story i got from Chiptorque 4mths ago....

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

So it is chiptorque then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    So it is chiptorque then?
    Yep.

If you would like an idea of it's features etc go to their site. It also has a link to a review
    of a b4 and after Evo install.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

Judging from what I've read on their site, it should be fairly similar to the Cobb AP. For me it will be a question of which one will be available first really. There are rumors of the tuner software being released by Cobb sometime this year, so that would make it tougher to decide. Hmm just noticed they charge for tunes...
    Last edited by Nuliaj; 12-02-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Ill believe it when I see it!

Chiptorque will do a mps3 and rx8 flash. BUT WILL NOT DO A MPS6 FLASH - i was speaking with the last week. I can forward the rather blunt email to any interested parties.

I'm thinking Halteck or xcede atm

Quote Originally Posted by jimred07 View Post
    Chiptorque will do a mps3 and rx8 flash. BUT WILL NOT DO A MPS6 FLASH - i was speaking with the last week. I can forward the rather blunt email to any interested parties.

I'm thinking Halteck or xcede atm
    Just a question, why are you looking at a haltech or xede if your selling a standback?

I wouldn't hold my breath for an Aussie compatible Cobb unit any time soon, last I heard on this was when they took Cosmic's ECU data, and they have pretty much dropped further development for the Mazdaspeed platform since.

I can sort of see Chiptorque's point on not developing an Ezyflash for the MPS6, as Mazda have stopped manufacturing them, why R&D a product that only has a very limited marketshare with no future. Sorry to be blunt, but it wouldnt be a smart business decision.

And as jmac said why dont you just use your standback?, an Xede will cost you about 1500, fitted and tuned and will do the same thing, also you have the PnP ready to go, so if you have any warranty issues, just unplug it. The Xede / Haltech on the other hand is hard wired. And the standback has some pretty cool ad ons if you ever decide to run a meth setup etc.

I agree with you comments re the MPS6 Flash - there are, what 3000 cars in the market and how may of those will be flashed ever? 5% = small market.

The standback...where do I start...yes the unit is awesome with great add-ons. Fitment is the issue, without extending the wiring harness on the pnp unit by 12 inches there are very few options for a concealed mounting without relocating ABS and ECU - fine for those out of warranty or who are happy to tinker.

I'm a conservatist and the option of having a small non-obd2 detectable unit hiding under he floor plate really appeals.

I never have installed the standback, hence the price, hence for sale
    Faster than swallowtails Passat...and it has a letterbox

But having said what you've just said, what flash option do we have then?

There are a couple of points that need to be considered:
    1) The general group of mps6 owners is middle aged white collar with disposable income.
    2) The lack of flash tuning options would mean it's an easy choice.
    3) Are less likely to do big mods, so flash tuning is the better choice for these owners.

There is some money to be made and seeing as the MPS3 is also finishing soon due to new 3, it would make sense to modify what they have now and extend their sales. But I can see what you're saying though about business sense.
    Last edited by Nuliaj; 15-02-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    But having said what you've just said, what flash option do we have then?

There are a couple of points that need to be considered:
    1) The general group of mps6 owners is middle aged white collar with disposable income.
    2) The lack of flash tuning options would mean it's an easy choice.
    3) Are less likely to do big mods, so flash tuning is the better choice for these owners.

There is some money to be made and seeing as the MPS3 is also finishing soon due to new 3, it would make sense to modify what they have now and extend their sales. But I can see what you're saying though about business sense.
    The MPS3 is not 'ending' there will be a new model, plus there were ALOT more of these sold.

@JIM, why dont you just extend the PNP loom, easy enough... considering that another piggyback will have to be spliced in anyway.. might as well leave your stock loom intact.

I don't know about alot more, here in Perth I definately see more of the 6 than the 3. But anyway it looks like I'll be waiting for the Ukraines to do their thing New ECU reflash solution under development - Mazda6 / Atenza

Well - I did finally install the standback. I'm happy with it so far - expensive boost controller but more to come.

OUt of interest - there are other plug and play units out there which would be compatible with the standback...Rumor also has it that the new longer lead CPE PNP units are not too far away.

But, for us MPS6 drivers our options are becoming very clear....not many

The nagging finally paid off, hope you enjoy it.

As for other products compatible with the standback, its a unique CPE product so they will ultimately build add ons as demand calls, the pro fuel controller is one example, most guys with standbacks in the US are using this for a meth injection controller, other stuff will no doubt be in development as we speak.
    As for other bolt on bits, I do recommend a WOT box, but this wlll require some splicing of the factory loom.

It is worth noting that the MPS6 still has quite a large following in the US, so short of the ECU code (and the steering wheel on the left thing) there are still going to be a lot of parts in development in the US for the platform.

Have a look around mazdaspeedforums.org to see whats going on in the US.

holding breath for chiptorque flash !!.... rudds money could be well spent !! HA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast