User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Tuning Solution

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    As i've posted in other threads, I have been speaking with chiptorque in QLD, they are flashing the 3mps and will do the 6 if someone lends them a test car as is prepared to pay $1400 for the tune and dyno.
    Ive spoken to them after you and that was what I was refering to.

I was told by them that it would cost 4hrs @ $200 p/hr.

So $800 in total.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Magoo - sorry - I should have specified, the $1400 was for the 6mps which needs more r&d, plus they charge a higher rate to do an awd tune, plus I'm sure they give me a special price...+15% .

Sorry for the confusion.

Ezyflash is a way off. I also dont think we will be able to tune it ourselves.

Bah when are CP-e going to release this secret flash tuning that's been on the rumour mill?

when my ass smells of vanilla.

Forget about cp-e flashes. They have no hardware for you to flash the tune to your car. Take it from me (Ex Piasini) you need either a flash storing device (AP, EZY etc) or a flash with a future view of a storage system.

Im awaiting an insurance payment in a week or so for a theft and if I am provided $$ instead of new goods Ill get the CT Flash.

Keen to hear how that goes Magoo. Agree the CT and AP are out best bets.

Funny...my RHD CPE standback PNP will arrive anyday....i'm just not excited about it at all.

I meant rumons that CP-e were designing something similar to the AP.

serious is CT actually bringing out a Flash for mps ???? its been like forever and a day..??

whats the go

The flash exists and is available for those that can get to CT. The tool (Ezyflash) to carry and self flash is the problem.

They custom write the Flash inhouse.

I would have had it done by now but have started considering a new car

hmm... true... so how come it cant go on the Ezy Flash ? sucks for us northerners !!?? are they still trying

Some problem with the Ezyflash devices writing to and from our ecu. There are 2 types of E/F also, CAN and something else.

So the ability to flash and understand our ECU exists inc control of cam phasing/throttle control etc etc. It just the tool to do it ourselves is causing some headaches at the moment.

My next car will have better support anyways.

yea i was twice as peeved today when guy at work who picked up his new evo ten can roll down to local MRT dealer and choose from about 5 different tune packages straight up ........ GRRRRRRRRRRR

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    serious is CT actually bringing out a Flash for mps ???? its been like forever and a day..??

whats the go
    Check out information in the ChipTorque sponsor page

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/chipt...re-info-2.html

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Been some time since anyone has added to this discussion. Now i am wondering about the develoOpment of devices for mps 6 and how there going. I had a couple of set backs last year with purchases from SU and money finally being deposited back into account
    I see on forums that cobb have a ms 6 accessport with mapping going on now with flashes for mod's. any one here able to give some feed back on those, as i read before that it was not going to go far.
    And chiptorque here on the gold coast have flashes for the 6's.

How are the interceptors developing to date?
    What supportis likely for flashes and mapping from developers and programmers? If there is any.
    I guess that really the chiptorque flash is best available to me in this area.
    though i like that cobb system, but my feeling is that it's going to be more of a pain than a easy access flash for the ecu.
    pita getting stuff sent over from the states,No development here, and sorry to say it the retail $ saved from getting it ship here are pretty good value.

I am being swayed by the easy to which the cobb unit works. download flash connect to ecu and flash, then the unit can be used like a dashhawk to monitor, engine performance.
    Excede seem to have it sown up, with the best options in this country for the mps 6 and like some one mentioned before, why waist money in developing products for a discontinued line.
    but anyways where do we go?
    who's got it? ...............................thanks

IN4M3: Cobb is not supported here in Australia, there was testing done a while back by Cosmic3MPS but I think support by Cobb ceased on the MPS/Mazdaspeed models so testing was never finished off.

Most are running Xede for intercepters with some using CP-E Standback and Haltech devices.

Chiptorque have a flash if you can visit there shop so that might be your solution if your looking at a flash

thanks mate.
    i really should have read throught the links a bit more. will get chiptorque to flash. ecu as i need a tune but i got a couple of things to finish with diff mount being first as thats a issue and onto exhaust before flash. ezy flash.
    sounds goood..

17. Default

Check out the latest development update status on the Ezy-FLASH Pro in our sponsor page.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/chiptorque-info-comments-questions/5111-ezy-flash-pro-mazda.html

Good luck. It's best leaving the tuning to the pros.

It's a bit like rebuilding an engine, nearly anybody can do it, but, not everybody can do it safely.

If you are worried about your engine going BOOM, why would you try to tune it yourself?

I have the MazdaEdit tuning done on my car.
    Like Troy, I'll do the mechanical work, but tuning can be done by someone else for a reliable map.
    Good find though. I hope this opens up doors for other tuning shops

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234