User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tuning Solution

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    holding breath for chiptorque flash !!.... rudds money could be well spent !! HA
    lots of places could market themselves well for that period..
    $900 stimulus specials.

ha you don't think its on the cards all ready... haha i want to see how many TV's get shifted for 899 or something like that... 949... what ever it is...

***Update***

I had an out of the blue phone call from Leah at Chiptorque saying:

"Hey....we've flashed an MPS3 now and we're looking at the MPS6 and know we can do it...are you interested?"

Yeah...but standback is in and tuned...

Soooo................Call chiptorque guys and find out whats what and make sure you told en i posted this!...

Jim

OMG someone take them up on this offer!

Chiptorque website, "coming soon", how long has that been up there for?

as I said, they called me on monday sayiong its done. Phone them and ask for Leah.

I have CPE standback in now and not going to do a flash for now.

Why not just bypass the standback and give the flash tune a go, then you could fine tune the standback on top of the flash, a flash tune + standback could yield some impressive results.

....but Matt, are you actually assuming that a CT Flash will be released "soon"???????

Well hopefully it's ready by the end of the year when i'm ready to get a tune.

I will be following this thread with great interest.....

im on the mailing list for them.... email said they would keep me up to date with my model and release of flash e.t.c.

i just want a turbo that'd be nice hope chiptorque calls back dude thats no good to be stuffed around!!!

^^^.....wtf

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    ....but Matt, are you actually assuming that a CT Flash will be released "soon"???????
    I did call them the other week, and got the impression that the flash was pretty much finalised, it was just a case of working out how to load it onto the ECU as Mazda have made it particularly difficult to re-write the software.
    I was also lead to believe that the custom tuning wont be available for some time, in that everything is still in "code" and their engineers are tweaking this code, a tuning GUI & software package is a fair way off by the sounds of things, so the product will be much like the Cobb at its initial launch, Weetbix tunes to start with depending on mods, then customisable stuff later down the track. Looks like Im going to stick with the Xede.

Sounds like what i was told way back in October...."we have been able to flash the ECU on the bench & just have to test it in the car". Either there are alot of bugs to iron out or they are probably getting fuel pressure issues IMO.

They had a flashed beta car there last week. It was running stock boost etc so as to check that all was well. They said that custom tuning my car was no issue? made no mention of additional wait.

Ahhh, yes custom tuning your car is no issue, because you are able to visit them directly, it was more of a comment for those of us that arent able to go there for custom programming, so yes if you can visit Chiptorque you can have your car custom programmed.

I appreciate that they have already flashed a car in their workshop, I think the big step is moving that ability from a conditioned, controlled environment, to the amateur in their home driveway scenario, incorporating the necessary failsafes etc that are required.

Someone with a 6 needs to go see them! If I was over east I'd be there already.

Blog Entries

Cobb contacted me today and they are ready to work on the AUS MPS6- asked me to flash the accessport, which I will do tonight- WOOT WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    ^^^.....wtf
    ? this at me?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast