User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mods for Reedy's Blue Budgie!

More castor on the front is what you want on the front. It gives better turn in response and doesn't sacrifice the camber wear issue.

Stiffer rear sway bar, it improves cornering ability, stiffer springs increase road harshness.

Rear bracing improves cornering, go too stiff and the car will go into lift-off over-steer.

I ran 1 deg neg camber total (front) and +2 deg castor over stock. cornering ability improved out of sight and reduced daily driven tyre wear.
    Last edited by 2XS; 24-12-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Are any of those adjustments possible from home using the stock suspension or will that require upgrades?

Given how easy it is to install a rear sway bar, is that worth trying anyway? And can I do that with a set of ramps or does the suspension need to be unloaded first? (ie: put up on a hoist)
    Last edited by Reedy; 24-12-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Most mods require new parts.

Caster, Camber, Toe

Change the rear sway bar, you won't regret that.

If you want to lower your car and improve handling, research a little more about spring rates and how they effect FWD cars.

Sweet, cheers for the advice Troy.

Mods i'm interested in are the ones that basically don't have any drawbacks, a swaybar seems to fit into that category while lowering it will sacrifice ride comfort and practicality.

Current to do list:
    DP - $1500 installed
    SRI + TIP - $350
    Rear Swaybar - $300
    ECUTEK Tune - $1500

Budget has blown out a bit there but that should turn my car into a nice little weapon indeed =)

Looks good Reedy

FWIW you can go to a stiffer, more progressive spring setup with minimal affect to ground clearance.

The H&R springs I installed only lower the car by a little over an inch, which still keeps it eminently practical for everyday driving, while improving corner handling quite substantially

I bought mine for $250. Install cost was $350, but I'm sure it can be done for cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea not at this stage at least, for now ill get the swaybar and next time I hit the track ill see what else could use some improvement.

Ok my physical mods are essentially decided now, next up: TUNES!

Who can say a thing or 2 about the following, names and products ive heard of but know relatively little about are:

CP-e (MPSG)
    XEDE (Chiptorque)
    ECUTEK (Tunehouse)

Who can comment on value, features, benefits and disadvantages thereof? The pnp in CP-e one looks fairly cheap and straightforward but a proper custom tune at Tunehouse, while expensive might give the biggest gains.

Who knows what, and what should I get?

Flash tuning offers more contro lof more parameters and limiters etc.
    Piggyback/Interceptors only offer control of Air (boost etc.), Fuel and Timing.

As much as I love and support CT, go for the flash tune, you won't regret it.

Alrighty, time to get in contact with Tunehouse. Where's Jess, let's see what kind of deal theyre offering ozmps members these days.
    Last edited by Reedy; 29-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Alrighty, time to get in contact with Tunehouse. Where's Jess, let's see what kind of deal theyre offering ozmps members these days.

bit demanding arent you?
    let the poor girl enjoy being away from the office/work whilst it's closed... she does a great job, no need to burn her out
    and it's $1500 for an ecutek tune
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

u could do both standback and flash

Heh nah ill keep it simple thanks.

If I have buttons that let me tinker with boost settings then that will encourage me to use them. Plus the less noticeable my mods are the better.

13. Default

I am here, back where I belong!

I could not wait to get back to work today! Being away burnt me out!

Reedy, if you would like to give me a call on (02) 9557 4000 and I can help you out from there!

Look forward to speaking soon

Hey Jess, sounds good to me!

I am booked in to get a DP fitted and will have a few other things done on the 21st of Jan, then ill be heading off to Japan for a couple of weeks in early feb so once I return from there i'll probably be looking to get myself booked in for a tune. I'll probably start getting my car serviced at Tunehouse as well.

Have a Yarn next week if we both go on the cruise Jace is organising.

15. Default

Not a drama sounds like a plan!

Would be great to catch up at the cruise, hopefully my car won't get left behind as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12