User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 - Centre Dash Console Pop up Lid removal

Default MPS 6 - Centre Dash Console Pop up Lid removal

Just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the Centre Dash Pop up Console Lid???

Ive had a look and a gentle pull and cant seem to see how it comes off unless I break it off............ Only other way is removing the whole centre trim/ drink holder/ facia then vents etc etc.........

Is there a quicker way just for this part???

nope...you need to uninstall the whole thing from the dash. there are two countersunk pins and a spring holding the lid on. The pins can be pulled out with some needlenose pliers, the lid can then be taken off.

if you need a hand with un-installing, let me know, I live in melbourne, noticed you are in hawthorn, so can give you a hand.

KLEEMO, I needed to remove mine so I could instal the JBarone bushings that came with my SSP.

I followed the video instructions from Jamie Barone but couldnt successfully remove the centre cupholder. I was freaking out that I would break it if I pulled too hard on it. Asked the service manager at my local mazda dealer (Regal Motors Newcastle FTW) and he just opened the lid, grasped it firmly and pulled upward. It DIDNT break, it just "came out".

PM me with a phone number if you wish to hear more.

Leon

Just to clarify.... we ARE talking about the drinkholder compartment beside the handbrake arent we??
    Last edited by Velocity Red; 19-12-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

Thanks guys!!! Yeah I'm looking at removing it to make way for the Centre triple gauge cluster install!

Will have a go at complete removal if it continues to rain this weekend!!!

Currently painting my calipers and adding decals as we speak!!! My give you a buzz!!!

here's a guide on how to uninstall the consol.

iPod adaptor installation on Mazda6

picture 4 shows the two screws you need undo - the whole thing can then be pulled out There is a cable that connects to the display unit, which will need to be unplugged also, so don't yank it out too hard...

edit:

or this one shows a better example of what i am saying:

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/6-...g-gy-only.html.
    Last edited by mazda6mps; 19-12-2010 at 10:53 AM.

GAHHHH thought that would be the case!!! sooooo much to do/remove for such a little job!!!

Might have a play with all this over the next few days!!!

it's not that hard, as i said, if you need a hand, let me know, your not too far away from me.

Well I got the lid off with some gentle force/ also 2 hidden screws that helped!!! pulled out & made way for the centre gauges now!!!