User Tag List

Thread: Servicing, Eastern Suburbs.

Default Servicing, Eastern Suburbs.

Anyone able to recommend a decent mechanic not too far from the Eastern Suburbs that I can take my car to? I think im gonna give the dealer the ass after I got my 10000k service with them and the bloke couldnt even tell me what they did/didnt do. All they have is a bullshit check list "Update ECU if required" "Rotate tyres if required" "Tighten handbrake if required"

I had no idea what they actually did apart from change the oil, they didnt even rotate the tyres. I own a performance car, I expect better.

First thing I want is to get my brake fluid changed and have the tyres rotated after hitting the track this week. Something very simple and almost impossible to screw up so I can go and give a new mechanic a test run to see how they are.

Recommendations anyone? Who in Sydney has a mechanic they like? Not willing to travel too far west. I want something close to home that is easy for me to get to.

I knew this thread was around somewhere! Tunehouse at Marrickville I can do but would like something just a bit closer to home.

Eastern Suburbs…Tunehouse is the only mob I can recommended.

I have been there for my 20k and 30k service..

Cannot fault them.

Perhaps a bit of a drive could be worth the care taken on your car? I take mine completely out of my way to get serviced, always a fan of good service, I'm willing to pay or be inconvenienced to get it (personally)

I live in Campbelltown so the trip to Marrickville isnt exactly close to me.

But like Rogwick said, its worth the inconvenience when you know your car will be looked after!

Yea you guys are right.

Damn if I start getting it serviced there then next thing I know ill be getting a new DP, Intercooler..... Dyno Tune..... Shit.

Nothin' wrong with that

what i do is drop car off in the morning, walk to nearby station, go to work (CBD), catch train back, collect car, drive home, so its not that bad for me
    in terms of what their reports look like, here's my last one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20101217_214256.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	6882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20101217_214236.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	6883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20101217_214212.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	6884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20101217_215229.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	6885
    (yes, it's 4 pages long)
    oh and their workshop is clean
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I bought a used 6mps with a good service history (serviced by dealer), but after seeing dealers service prices decided to take it elsewhere.
    So for MY first service i took it to UltraTune in Marrickville. These guys service a lot of drag racing cars, so i figured they know a thing or two.
    After doing a service on my car, taking it for a test drive and checking the oil again, the mechanic said that he wasn't really satisfied with the oil colour and suggested i come back in a weeks time for another oil change for free. So i guess that speaks for his dedication...