User Tag List

Thread: Rogwick's KL250H Super Sherpa

Default Rogwick's KL250H Super Sherpa

Selling my Kawasaki Super Sherpa KL250H Road/Trail bike please see below.

Vehicle: 1999 Kawasaki Super Sherpa KL250H Road/trail motorcycle
    Specifications:
    Engine size: 249cc
    Number of Gears/Transmission: 6spd man
    Number of Cylinders: 1
    Dry weight: 115kgs
    Bike Type: Dual Purpose
    Release Year: 1999
    Fuel Type: Petrol
    Country of origin: JAPAN
    Drive: Chain
    Condition: Good, a few typical off road scratches as it was a farm bike originally then just an off road motorcycle, bike is standard with no modifications
    Mileage: 13,200kms
    Reason for selling: Wanting to make room in the shed, regretful sale, actually have two 250cc bikes on the market, world of fun just cruising off road, or flicking sand behind trailing
    Price and price conditions: $2600.00 away from this forum, OzMPSclub member price $2000.00 flat (not neg)
    Extra Info: Currently unregistered, price stands "as is" for the motorcycle. Great for off road purposes or can be registered for on-road use easy enough. Bike has new handle grips, brand new Katana 12V (YTX7L-BS) Battery, comes with additional new (packaged) rear brake pad
    Pictures: See above and also below, can get more on request no worries
    Contact details: Shoot me a PM @ Rogwicks Profile
    Additional Note: Must have Current R-E motorcycle licence or at least a few years riding experience before test ride

Last edited by rogwick; 18-12-2010 at 01:25 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Looks like a nice bike and well looked after. Good engine size - gutsy yet light enough to pick up or manouevre around tight spots. I'd almost be tempted but I've sworn off bikes - bugger! I'll asks around some friends.

Since we took ownership it has been looked after as with all my vehicles. I actually learnt to ride on it. The lightweight chassis and torque of the 250cc motor is great for off roading, not as quick as my ZZR250 but definitely has more torque to have fun in the sand. I've had the back end out a bit with sand flicking behind me which is pretty fun! No worries, yeah for sure Doug ask around. I'd be happy to do 2K on the bike for a mate or a buyer related to this forum. Other than that, price stands at $2,600 for general buyers.

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Just had a scam on Gumtree about the bike. Some guy claiming to want to buy it "right away" and to "email only". Lucky I had a suspicion, punched in the email address into google as well as the number on a separate search and found some results mentioning the same thing happened to them. If only we could meet these cowards, luckily nothing came of it as I didn't reply.

Agree to meet him and take a big stick! It'd be nice to beat the cr*p out of these time-wasters and thieves.

Can I come too? I'll bring my own stick

No way of contacting him. I hid my number (to private) and gave the "interested" chap a call to find the number doesn't exist....I guess that's why they said "please, email only" The concerning thing is...I may have picked it out this time, but what if the message said something like "Please can I have more pics sent to ____@_____? I would have fallen for it and sent a nice email with some pics, thus giving out my I.P address. Pffft, I wouldn't use a stick that's for sure!

Your suggestion...

My suggestion

M P S

SOLD, should be picked up today

Wow Rog, that's quick congrats on the sale FYI I had about 5 scammers from Carsales and 2 from the Quokka when I was selling the MPS!

Cheers Chris, its bad hey...it makes selling ones vehicle so hard. I've sold a few vehicles online now and this is the first scam attempt I've got. It means when the time comes to sell the MPS I may have to potentially turn away a few folk who appear genuine if I think it sounds dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Cheers Chris, its bad hey...it makes selling ones vehicle so hard. I've sold a few vehicles online now and this is the first scam attempt I've got. It means when the time comes to sell the MPS I may have to potentially turn away a few folk who appear genuine if I think it sounds dodgy
    It's pretty easy to spot the scammers, they all insist they can only pay to "your" paypal account and that a private agent will collect the car as they need to ship it back to Malaysia (or somewhere near) discreetly as it's for their father/brother/(insert sibling here) birthday present! When I told one of them I don't take paypal and to deposit the money into my lease account they actually got quite agressive and insisted paypal is the way to go and it's much easier and that is the only way to do business! sheesh idiots. I reported them to Carsales and got a response thanking me, they are aware of most of these but they added the email addresses to their black list.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I reckon they're not that easy to spot....The guy that messaged me said to email him. It was the only the "I want to buy immediately" and "please, email only" sounded dodge to me. If the message was more like "please can I have more pics" or something I would have fallen for it and sent an email to that address.

Bike has been picked up, all the best to the new owner.