User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all from Brisvagas

Default Hi all from Brisvagas

Hi all, I've been a member for a couple of weeks now but havent formally introduced myself. Jumped ship from GTR32 to MPS3 Gen 1. Ive had my mps3 for about a couple of weeks now (stock) and love driving the car . Antyway here is a pick of my ride. Awsome site by the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15122010477.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	6856  

to the forums
    love the car, LOVE the rims with red calipers, fantastic choice
    hope you enjoy your time here

Hi Siddo, welcome

Moving from an R32 GTR to a 3 MPS is an interesting step. How are you finding/coping with the diff between AWD and FWD?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! As mentioned above, interesting transition! Have you any pics/info to share of the R32 GTR?

Enjoy your car and the forums!

Hehe, obviously some R32GTR fans here by the looks.

Welcome to the forums Siddo!

Welcome. Nice rims. Haven't seen them before. Hopefully there'll be a Jan/Feb cruise next year. Keep an eye out!

..,pics of the r32?

Thanks sarcasticone. Just about every car that I have owned I painted the calipers red. I think it makes my car go faster

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Very BIG difference between AWD and FWD Dan. AWD is so very easy to drive, its just point and shoot and the car will go where you point it. Did go alittle bit sideways when you dump the clutch in 1st gear though. When I took the MPS for a test drive, I sorta struggled with the torque steer and was sorta all over the place. The car also felt abit twichy maybe because the tyres were new and followed the road. But I still liked the way it drove. But I'm pretty used to it now.

Welcome! Relative speed comparison between your GTR and the MPS?

Why did you change, and why to a MPS not something like a S15?

Edit: Forgot to add...rego number if not a new issue? We may be able to shed some light on the history of the car...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17072009360.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	6865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08052009290.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	6863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	08052009288.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	6864I dont have much pics just the ones in my phone. I lost my other pics when my harddrive crashed. Anyway didnt do too much to the car, mailnly all bolt on stuff. Forgot what sort of power it was making, cant find the dyno sheet. The mods I did to the car was:

-Turbosmart adjustable fuel pressure reg with gauge
    -700cc sard Injectors
    -Nismo front mount (came with car)
    -HKS adjustable cam gears with gates timing belt
    -VIPEC ECU with built in boost controller.
    -044 Bosh fuel pump
    -Oil catch can
    -Blitz air pods with custom box
    -Not sure what sort of turbos it was running but it was boosted to 15psi on high boost
    -carbon front strut bar
    -adjustable coil overs

I think there was a few more stuff but I cant remember from top of my head.
    It did have alot of torque though. It spun all fours in first gear and a bit in second in the dry. Maybe the tyres didnt help with traction too much as they were just nankang tyres.
    I do have a short video of my launch with my friends in their 33GTST in a 3 lane at the lights but I dont know how to upload videos.

Sweet looking Skyline mate! I like the rims. That would have been a beast I'm sure, does the MPS feel significantly slower?
    Keen to see that video when you load it! Should be able to load it to youtube if you make an account, also photobucket imageshack etc supports video's I'm pretty sure

Thanks Yeldarb. Well it was the rims that attracted me to the car. I think it makes the car. Definately looking forward to the cruise. Wanting to meet some nice new pple here.

Ive never really taken the cars to their full speed yet if thats what you mean Talldan. I can't really compare the GTR and MPS as the MPS is pretty much stock except for modded air box, TIP and K&N filter. Bought some defi's for it, just waiting for the 3 gauge pod holder to come through the mail. Oooooh CANT WAIT. But the GTR felt faster by my butt meter especially on launch. You really get put back in your seat and your eyes felt like their going to the back of you head

I sold the GTR cause my missus hated it cause I was always raiding our life savings. She liked riding in it though. Cost of fuel was another factor as it was my daily. Age of the car as I was replacing parts every now and then. Ive owned 3 skylines in my life so I didnt really want another two door as their not very convenient. And the misses kept bugging me to buy a 4 door. Nearly bought an EVO 8 but I thought that the MPS was a better buy for the price I purchased it for. And the car looked in mint con.

Here is a pic of my rego. I purchased the car from Bryan Burt ford at Mt Gravatt. Cheers Talldan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15122010476.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	6868

Uploaded VID on Youtube. here is the link. Two R33GTST with some modds to the right. I dont do these kinda things anymore.

Last edited by rogwick; 16-12-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: embedded video

I think I drove past you the other day...don't recognise the plates from any previous owners here, hopefully that means you have an unmolested example!

Cool info on the GTR, one will end up in my garage eventually, but as a weekend toy only.

Hope to meet up on a cruise or similar one day! Enjoy the MPS

Hmmm skyline's sound superb (SSS)

Thanks rogwick. Rims are Rays TE37's. Yeah there is a fair bit of difference between the MPS and the skyline. By the way, I think you have the best looking 6 I've seen so far. Looks awsome in white with black rims. I see you have some mods on your car. Is there much of a diference now with the mods than when your car was stock?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I drive past a blue MPS3 every now and then along kingston Rd. Im not too sure if its you or not Talldan. Good luck with the GTR when you get it. They are one of the funnest cars to drive around in.

I bet there would be plenty of differences between the two, skylines have always been known to be quick, Nissan make great motors too.

Thanks, I'd like to think she looks pretty good, some folks aren't keen on a few of my choice mods but that's ok, each to their own, I like making it look a little different. Lol, maybe you haven't been looking at many 6's to think mine is one of the best haha!

Yeah a bit of difference. Stock feels a bit limited. Boost came around 2,500-3,000, now the spool is about 500RPM sooner and the power is more aggressive up to about 5,500 then I get a limitation from stock tune and stock turbo. My mates 6 has a BNR stage III turbo which goes hard to 6,000RPM. Pulls really well in 4th gear at WOT. The downpipe has got to be the most noticeable bolt on mod I've done in terms of power. All the other little things all assist. I have just ordered the hypertech max energy unit to reflash my ECU so that should make a good difference. You're welcome to check out my RR thread if you like, its long boring and detailed! (Just click the yellow RR on my sig below)

Planning any work on your 3? Want to get some of that "oomph" back from the skyline?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I think its good to have a car thats different from everyone else, stands out from the crowd. I'll read your thread when I get the time to lol. Christmas!!!

Thats a good gain considering that your car is still on stock tune. Have you tried running against your mate yet as a comparison between the two cars? Yeah I ve read on here about the downpipe being a limiting power issue on the MPS. I plan to change mine when the turbo blows or starts to smoke. Just not sure which brand to go for. I read that best bufflers make pretty mean ones.

Yeah I started doin some stuff to my car, for some reason I just cant keep a car stock . Just want something conservative as I dont want to open the engine and want it to last.
    So far, Ive cut a big hole in the air box and replaced the filter with K&N. Also put in a TIP. Intake and turbo whine is noticeable now and sounds the goods, but didnt notice much or any gains. Also put in a Turbosmart dual port BOV. I bought some defi gauges to put in, just waiting for the 3 center gauge holder to come through the mail. I did however bought the wrong control unit for my gauges, so I'll be selling that soon when I get the chance.

Mods to come:
    DP and Turbo (when turbo gives up the ghost)
    ECU of some sort, maybe standback pnp
    Change muffler to straight through muffler.
    Coil overs
    FMIC
    Rear engine mount.

Thats about as far as I want to go with mods. That should keep me happy for a while

seeing as you live up in brisbane, give troy (2XS) a call/pm
    he knows ALOT about these cars and enjoys working on them
    local suppliers ftw

he also makes FMIC/SRI's and full exhaust systems for them, and im sure he'll happily sell you anything you desire
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

When the time comes, I'll give him a buzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast