User Tag List

Thread: Options for lowering with steep driveway gutter

Default Options for lowering with steep driveway gutter

hey all,

I'm keen to put some springs and/or shocks on my car to drop it a bit, however like many I have a huge steep gutter getting into my driveway and even with the stock setup if I don't go in or out at an angle I get that terrible scraping of the front under carriage and bumper.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to achieve a lower stance but not lose my front bumper ???

Cheers,

Kookie

cheers for the link to that thread, mine isn't really a driveway issue as such just a mammoth gutter angle !!

call the council for permission and dyna bolt a steel plate onto the road/gutter...

I have a mate who did this and they approved it!!!

Dunn remember what the excuse was though lol
    veway
    *edit*

Here is an example of what I mean... http://www.carguygarage.com/singlecardrivew.html

I'm not low atm but the gutter at the start of my drive way is a tad bit steep, the MX5 scrapes if you do not go out on an angle and that is stock height, been thinking of doing this to my driveway, but need to come up with a good enough excuse for the council, maybe saying that the gutter is damaging your vehicle may perhaps be good enough reason.
    Last edited by Malicioso; 14-12-2010 at 08:49 AM.
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

This would be my solution

I use to fit alot of steel ramps for peoples driveways.

You can get an approval from the council, just say because your car is lowered and you would like to keep your bumper intact.

*You can't disrupt the flow in the gutter* (like the ones in the link)

*You can't have them on any external corner*

*You can't have a narrow street either* (like most suburban streets are now)