User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hankook tyres for MPS6

Quote Originally Posted by TBDM View Post
    I would not be paying for a new tyre if I was you and would be asking the tyre shop about the free road hazard warranty tha Hankook offer for there UHP tyres
    Hankook Tyre Australia
    Thank you for pointing this out, I had no idea. I rang Hankook this morning and the person I spoke with was very helpful and is going to ring the tyre service (also very helpful - just weren't aware of the Road Hazard Guarantee). So I will keep you posted, but looks like I am covered! I owe you one
    Last edited by andy b; 31-12-2010 at 10:18 AM.

2. Default

how unluckly is that. ive only used toyos proxes 4 on both my old 3 and my 6. seem to hold up very well. 80,000km on my 3 and done about 40 on my 6

Blog Entries

After 31,000k on my last set of Hankook's(my best result in 3 years) I went to get some more yesterday only to be told that there are none in Australia. Apparently they are on the boat and due to arrive sometime around the end of January.

I liked the look of Proxes 4 and I like Toyo in general, when I bought the KU31's they didn't sell them in 215/45R18. Apparently they do now, but the price I got was a little higher than I wanted to spend.

Watto, do you have the K110 V12? I heard the same thing from a couple of different dealers, and when I spoke to Hankook the rep suggested he was getting the K107 and they are just as good. Apparently the K110 has better wet performance and wear?

5. Default

Got kuhmos ku31s. $170 at Tempe. Hope the hold up well. Last kuhmos only lasted me a year on my civic. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out, I had no idea. I rang Hankook this morning and the person I spoke with was very helpful and is going to ring the tyre service (also very helpful - just weren't aware of the Road Hazard Guarantee). So I will keep you posted, but looks like I am covered! I owe you one
    So today I finally got my cheque for the tyre that popped, a little over three months since it happened. The retailer was excellent however the biggest problem I had was with Hankook itself. I called numerous times and waited patiently for the refund to go into the retailer's account as promised. Last week I had finally had enough of the broken promises and kept the pressure up and got the result.

It was not ideal that I had to wait over three months for a refund. I hate being told by people they have done something, or are working on it, when they clearly haven't. Next time I'll be going a different brand of tyre, Road Hazard Replacement Guarantee or not.

Damm 3 months...some service! Get the tyres then the real service kicks in. Glad to see you got it in the end!!! Off topic I got some KU36 for $214 a pop from Option1garage. Not fitted just tyres! Great price, tho won't last long but great so far! Should check them out next time.

Blog Entries

Sorry, only just picked up on your message.

Previous tyres were K110 V12's but when I went to get some more I was told that none were coming in the next shipment and could only get K107s. As my tyres were getting illegal I went with this.

First impressions are that the K110 is a better tyre (doesn't move around as much). With regard to wet performance I haven't had a chance to try it out - no rain in Perth for months!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12