User Tag List

Thread: Clutch pedal issue

Default Clutch pedal issue

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, I have done the clutch pedal adjustment on my MPS 6 (and made many more adjustments along the way such that I actually can't tell you how much I have moved the pedal in! At a guess it would probably be a few more than the 2 - 3 turns in the how-to) and recently noticed when reversing into my driveway, and once or twice while moving forward too, that the clutch pedal would pause/get stuck about halfway after removing my foot, with it eventually popping back up (after a few seconds, not minutes). It doesn't happen all the time, and I have mainly noticed it when reversing. Is this an issue I have caused with adjusting the clutch pedal? Or is this a sign of a problem with the clutch itself or something else?

Any help is much appreciated!

Adam

Yeah I had that, from what I can work out it means you have moved it too far in. I'm pretty sure what happens is that when you move it too far forward the spring is no longer able to properly push the pedal back. I don't really know or understand all the mechanics behind that but I assume its a combination of angles and the way the spring works that causes it. I'd suggest easing back until you find that doesnt happen, because this will most likely cause your clutch to prematurely fail due to not being fully engaged. I loved the push button feel when I had it that far in but the fact the pedal would regularly not come all the way up scared me too much to leave it like that.

Thanks Nepharius. I liked the feel of it too but seeing the clutch pedal pausing halfway with my foot off was a bit too strange for my liking. I have now moved the bolt out quite a bit (and unfortunately it feels exactly like stock!) so might move it back in one turn and just live with it.

If anyone knows what the stock pedal distance is meant to be I would be interested to know so I can start again though (and stick to the recommended 2 1/2 turns)!