User Tag List

Thread: Spy Shots: Mazda prepping smaller CX-5 crossover?

Default Spy Shots: Mazda prepping smaller CX-5 crossover?

Filed under: Spy Photos, Crossover, Mazda

Mystery Mazda small CUV spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

Mazda has, on more than one occasion, discussed its plans to expand its model range in the next couple of years, including the addition of a small crossover in the near term. According to an earlier report from Autocar, Mazda had said that its "new small SUV" would debut sometime in 2011, with the first sales taking place before we turn the calendar over to 2012. Now, we have our first glimpse at what appears to be a mule for Mazda's new small crossover, a model we'll call CX-5.

This mule may be a chopped and cropped version of the larger CX-7, but the new CX-5 is understood to be based on the smaller Mazda3 platform. Expect power to come from Mazda's new line of Sky G and Sky D engines and transmissions, tailored for the specific demands of customers in different world markets. The CX-5 will likely be produced in Japan, and we wouldn't be shocked to learn that it's coming to the United States and Europe, as well. See it for yourself in the high-res gallery of spy shots below.

Gallery: Spy Shots: Mazda Small CUV

[Source: CarPix]Spy Shots: Mazda prepping smaller CX-5 crossover? originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Interesting....

Looks like a mini CX-7 with an Audi front Grill....

Damn...I got excited I thought they were gonna be talking about the MPS Gen III

It comes with a mattress on the bonnet? Shit yes, I'm getting one; think of all the action you could get on the side of the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    It comes with a mattress on the bonnet? Shit yes, I'm getting one; think of all the action you could get on the side of the road!

GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by jeev View Post
    it comes with a mattress on the bonnet? Shit yes, i'm getting one; think of all the action you could get on the side of the road!
    gold!

Jeev the good Samaritan picking up hitch-hikers. Jeev said no to Carbon fibre bonnet and yes to Sealy cushion hood.