User Tag List

Thread: 2006 Mazda3 mps Mods

1. Default 2006 Mazda3 mps Mods

OK so looking to do some small very progressive mods to this car.

Seems the Rear engine mount is almost a very logical first mod so i will be doing that. Altho some suggestions on somewhere i can get it done in vic would be cool. Also roughly what pple charge to fit them. Probably go the 60 Duro since i doubt i will de much more very quickly nor go over the top with mods.

Also i look at allot of the parts and they all generally go 07-09 so the question is what changed 07-09 from 06 and do i need to be looking at diff mods when its an 06 model? Mine would be early 06.

in the states the gen1 went from 07-09, which is why they are denoted as such, so no need to worry
    a dump pipe is probably the next thing you will want to get, then get an intake (SRI/CAI)
    intercooler shortly after that....

in terms of handling, new springs and better tyres are always a good thing
    sway bars as well

I'm also on the same route as you, I will perhaps be starting off with engine mount, short shifter or shifter plate + some solid base bushes to take out the slop from the shift lever. also replacing the transmission fluid is a great idea to get rig of the annoying wong wong sound these LSDs make when cold.

I'd suggest the above before going for more power so you will at least have and engine mount that wont break and also nicer shifts so you wont miss any gears, the most logical from there would be CAI, Dump pipe like SarcasticOne mentioned then a Tune, though a tune like what HPF provides on a stock car would also be great! Approx 20fwkw gain!!!

If you would want someone to install the engine mount, give me a holler!!! I'll do it for you for a six pack plus I'll get the experience of doing it before I do it on my car, I'm always working on cars and have built a few in the past, btw I'm located in SE Melb so hopefully that wouldn't be much of a fuss...

Suspension wise it really depends what you want the car for, if you want just the lowered stance and use your car for daily commute then lowered springs and a sway bar should be fine, if you plan on tracking you might wanna look into Coilovers, camber arms front + rear Swaybars with some wider stickier rubber.

At the end of the day it's really up to you and what you want the car to be used for, with my situation I want mine to be a bit of a street/daily driven car that I can drop not and then for looks (coilovers) and also be able to set it up for the occasional track day or two.
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

4. Default

SE Works for me man i am in Narre Warren so probably not too far appart. Sounds like it might be a good weekend project to take on at least the engine mount part. The fluid in tranny will probably need to get that done i guess. The guy i got car form looks like didnt do a decent service for at least 20k before me i got it at 70k.

I did the oil and filters straight away when i got it and man the oil in it was absolutely shit. Having no other mps to compare to makes it hard to work out whats normal altho i cant say car feels wrong in any way. Altho the engine mount is annoying going to the city in peak hour is very shitty when u sitting on 1-2 all the way allot of bounce.

Oh cool I'm In Berwick!!!

I might have seen your car around lol

Yeah mine is due for a service and I got the dealer to do an oil change before I picked it up about 3 months ago.

Sure thing mate more than welcome to come over and we'll treat it as a weekend project, I've got all the tools and stuff so no dramas...

I'll send you a PM so we can coordinate a day and time, then we can go form there!

Cheers!

Alex
    Do Not Fear Torque Steer...

ZOOM F*cking ZOOM Biatch!!

6. Default

Sounds good. I suspect might take a while to get the part etc and its the crazy time of year again so will see how we go time wise

No worries, just whenever you're ready give shoot me a PM and I'm more than happy to help out

sorry for highjacking the thread but there was a recall done to my MS3 Gen 1 back in August 2007. Is there a need to get an aftermarket since it's been 'fixed'?