User Tag List

Thread: ECUTEK in Canberra

Default ECUTEK in Canberra

Thought this might be of some interest to those of you looking @ flashing their ECU's.

I just received a call from Ultimate Tune in Phillip. I was advised that a custom tune with a Factory Warranty is now only around $1500 instead of $2000. The factory warranty entails a 'No Detonation' inclusion. Meaning, if the motor goes boom due to the tune, all damage will be repaired.

I am also invoved in the GB for the Hypertech Tuning Device.

I will post the before and after Dynos when the unit has settled in. This will give a good indication of what it actually delivers.

Cheers

Sam-Bo

yeah my car is booked in there now for tomorrow, they need an update for the dongle thing from the UK so tomorrow arvo shall be completed !!

Must be a pissing pup

Are you dealing with Christian?

What sort of increase is he estimating? have you any mods?

He seems to know his shit thats for sure. Will you get before & after dynos graphs?

yeah christian and adrian, they are good fella's and being a newbie to all this explain things well without making you feel like an idiot !!

Yeah my mods are CPE dump, sri, FMIC, hiflow muffler - non power, short shift plate and CPE RMM.

Yep they are doing before an after dyno's because i think they are using my car as the demo'advertising one.

Sounds like a plan!!!

I've got a Cpe-nona SRI & a CES TBE and my baby is putting out 165 kwatw.

Be nice to see what the Hypertech unit changes those figures to......

Good luck with it all & make sure you keep us up to date. I'm thinking of doing the same mid year when I get my tax return back

Hey hama, mine today was doing 170kwatw with boost leak dropping it to 11psi !

So Kookie,

What's the story? All done yet???

I assume the leak has been reapired

hey hama, check out the dyno threat. Yep all done, 208kwatw and 425nm torque....unbelievable to drive now !!!

definitely recommend the ultimate guys

Well done my man

That's some awesome power dude. I'll have to catch up & go for a spin in it with you some time.

I'm on the north side but regularilly travel to south........

I'll definately get this done @ a later stage........

Enjoy Christams with a little bit of PEP, hehehe

Well done kookie. Great result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah if your down the southside any time soon let me know and I'll give you a demo haha

shoot us a pm !

Take me for a spin too Sounds like a lot of power!

I'll give you a call after lunch on either Sat or Sund........

Looking forward to it Matt.

Cheers

Sam

@kookie - Out of curousity, How is the MPS3 performing now after it being tuned back in 2010 – any issues due to the KW increase.

Also is mob still around and still offer the service?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Wayne; 28-10-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    @kookie - Out of curousity, How is the MPS3 performing now after it being tuned back in 2010 – any issues due to the KW increase.

Also is mob still around and still offer the service?

Thanks,
    I've had my MPS tuned by these guys , they definitely know there stuf.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

@chef when was it tuned - any issues after tuning.

Also what were you charged (if you dont mind me asking)?

I believe it is as simple as them plugging the computer into mine and upload the tunning software right? I just cannot justify quotations of over $1500 for something this simple which doesn't require any manual labour.

Now the question is. What is the difference with me purchasing a Cobb ab for under $700 and tunning it myself? Anyone has/had any experience re this matter?
    Last edited by Wayne; 29-10-2013 at 12:20 PM.

17. Default

I believe it is as simple as them plugging the computer into mine and upload the tunning software right? I just cannot justify quotations of over $1500 for something this simple which doesn't require any manual labour.

Now the question is. What is the difference with me purchasing a Cobb ab for under $700 and tunning it myself? Anyone has/had any experience re this matter?
    You have to buy an ecuteck license when first getting it tuned that alone is around $1000 plus 900 for the actual dyno tune, and each time you retune it is around $800. i am not sure but i think MRT are the sole distributor and have the rights to Ecuteck in Aus, when someone like Tunehouse etc installs it on your car i think they have to actually get and pay a license fee to MRT . I did find a site where you can buy the full logging and editing of ecuteck but they will not sell to Aus.
    An Ap is the best way to go, but as far as tuning it yourself unless you know this platform like the back of your hand and what each parameter will do when you change it, your likely gonna be up for thousands after the first full WOT pulls and you are picking up whats left of conrods spread over the road.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Yep Shaneski has pretty much sumed it up, guys down at ultimate tunes charged me $1500 for the tune and Retunes are $300 which is done on there mainline Dyno.they spend a lot of time tuning ,it is more than just uploading a map ,like when I got my retune done I watched them and it took about 2 1/2 hours
    Tune has been good and I'm happy with it although they do tune on the conservative side compared to the etuners and they are very experienced with the MPS platform as we'll, great bunch of guys with lots of knowledge .
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    An Ap is the best way to go, but as far as tuning it yourself unless you know this platform like the back of your hand and what each parameter will do when you change it, your likely gonna be up for thousands after the first full WOT pulls and you are picking up whats left of conrods spread over the road.
    There are a few options reputable tuners, that can tune your car with an AP

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing