User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi. First time mazda owner. Gen2 MPS3..

1. Default Hi. First time mazda owner. Gen2 MPS3..

Hi everyone.

First time Mazda owner, however I work for a Mazda dealer so they're not really unfirmiliar with me..

Just took delivery of my brand new mps last week and loving it so far

gets the windows tinted on friday but other than that im not looking at doing much else to it, I've got a skyline that I spend my money on to have fun in.

Will get some better pics once the storms are over here in adelaide and I wash it again.

cheers
    kevin

a new SA member...

Enjoy your time...plenty of info and ppl to help you along the way..

Happy Motoring
    duglet

love the colour
    enjoy the forums
    what's your skyline? photos? mods?

4. Default

thanks for the welcomes

skyline is an old r31 silhouette.
    not the best of pictures, i think facebook kills the quality a bit. taken from skyline nationals 2010 where i won a trophy for runner up best modified r31

look forward to learning more about the aftermarket side of things for my mps from here. already found a link to mps garage.com.au and really considering a cold air intake and exhaust for the mps now. hmmmm.... damn mod bug.

Cool Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there ex Adelaidian myself now in Cairns Fnq . Friendly bunch of ppl on here enjoy the forums .

The Colster
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Welcome aboard!

Hope you're loving the new MPS. As with Col; I'm also ex-Adelaidian who fled to the tropics of Cairns.

Perhaps Col and I can form a new faction of the MPS Club: The MPS Adelaide Expatriates!

Enjoy the forums; there's plenty of people here who would love to help you with mods etc.

Tom

Welcome Kevin

Kevin, enjoy the forum and your new ride

Welcome Kevin.

Dan

Welcome, Kevin,
    R31 + MPS3 = FUN!!

11. Default

Welcome Kevin. Great looking car, looks great in that colour ... enjoy the forums

Welcome Kevin. Nice old school Nissan.

Great colour choice. I went VR myself.

Enjoy the forum. Lots of info to trawl through!

Welcome Kevin!
    Great looking mps and sure you'll have loads of fun!!!

14. Default

thanks guys. seems like a friendly place with plenty of info.

can anyone tell me the best places to get exhaust/inlet stuff? Don't care if i have to buy from the U.S. while the dollars good

If anyone needs any mazda parts in adelaide I'm a parts interpreter at a mazda dealer

Still no new pics cause the weathers still shocking.

Cheers

More info on the R31?

Hi Kevin, Welcome to the site!

An MPS member with dealer connections in Adelaide

Hope you enjoy the site, there is lots of info here

Adelaide has just recently enjoyed its second MPS cruise + stay tuned as the next will be in late Feb / early March (hills/Barossa Cruise) !!!

What Mazda dealer do you work for?

Mark

Welcome Kevin

Fats

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette31 View Post
    can anyone tell me the best places to get exhaust/inlet stuff? Don't care if i have to buy from the U.S. while the dollars good
    You'll need to be a little careful with the Gen 2's as they can be cantankerous little beasts for throwing CELs. Moreso than the Gen I's.

Having said that, there are a number of 'tried and true' options that are available. There are also some very good options that you don't even have to go overseas for, such as Troy's (2XS/CES Racing) products.

Best place to start is to have a trawl through the forum and decided what you want to do from there. There's a heap of stuff on different intake and exhaust options that are CEL free on the Gen 2's

Outside of intake and exhaust, have you thought about other mods you might like to do? These cars really do respond well to engine mounts and short shift mods, and they're a good cheap place to start also.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

19. Default

thanks for the replies.

noob question but whats CEL stand for?

I work at Reynella Mazda, new dealer down south.

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    More info on the R31?
    My true pride and joy. Owned it for nearly 6 years.
    RB30 turbo, Microtech, intercooler, 3" under diff exhaust, coilovers, Work Meisters, semi slicks, spooled diff, Velo seats, etc.
    Have tonnes of pics on my photobucket site. Nice to see some interest in it, I love it but drive it probably 500km's per year. spends most of its life in the corner of the shed. Bit of a waste I know but Adelaide constabulary have already stickered it once before and I don't want to take the risk again. Mainly use it for Mallala and Collingrove hillclimbs.
    S2 R31 Silhouette pictures by Silhouette31 - Photobucket

New pics of the MPS on the weekend after the tint goes on.

for now some pics from P.D.

Last edited by silhouette31; 08-12-2010 at 11:42 PM.

CEL = Check Engine Light

There are plenty of intakes and DP's that won't throw CEL's and as Dan said 2XS (Troy) has some great products of which many members run with (including me) and have no CEL issues. Best of all, locally made here in QLD.

Your R31 is very nicely done mate , immaculate engine bay!

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette31 View Post
    thanks for the replies.

noob question but whats CEL stand for?

I work at Reynella Mazda, new dealer down south.

My true pride and joy. Owned it for nearly 6 years.
    RB30 turbo, Microtech, intercooler, 3" under diff exhaust, coilovers, Work Meisters, semi slicks, spooled diff, Velo seats, etc.
    Have tonnes of pics on my photobucket site. Nice to see some interest in it, I love it but drive it probably 500km's per year. spends most of its life in the corner of the shed. Bit of a waste I know but Adelaide constabulary have already stickered it once before and I don't want to take the risk again. Mainly use it for Mallala and Collingrove hillclimbs.
    S2 R31 Silhouette pictures by Silhouette31 - Photobucket

New pics of the MPS on the weekend after the tint goes on.

for now some pics from P.D.
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast