User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short Shifters and CP-e rear mounts on MPS 6 (2006)

Hi MAL, I meant to ask if your TWM setup permits you to keep the stock shift knob with 6sp pattern. I like the look of it. One thing I like about the car is the use of polished metals on the knob, kick strips, pedals and air-con controls, which also have a nice tactile feel to them, way better than some of the really tacky stuff on many alternatives.

BTW, do you or anyone else know what the JBR kits are like, such as that sold by MPS Garage? Comments from MPSG also welcome. I get the impression that your comments on them might be akin to those regarding the 2XS, and that is that it a "shift-plate" only mod, and hence this might actually necessitate a heavy weighted shift knob to overcome the reduction in mechanical advantage available due to lever-arm shortening.

See: http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...nob-combo.html
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 09-12-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12