Rightio. Will go look for it

Super cheap only had
    Castrol VMX-M 75w85 4l - $41.95
    Nulon SSM 75w85 1l - $29.95

Will go looking around

Peter "SLIXX"

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 01KDT View Post
    hey everybody i've been on here a while now never posted anything but have learnt a great deal just wanted to share with everyone that i have come across a piece of paper from mazda that all manual transaxle oil specifications have been changed in all mazda 2,3,6 and all variants of those to classification SAE 75w-80 API service GL-4 so hope that helps, i recently had my gearbox oil changed to a 75w-90 fully sin by an independant mech and have problems with my gearbox shifting from first to second ever since so hopefully when i change it back to 75w80 it will go back to normal will let everyone know how it goes
    Was the new oil specs for a Gen I or a Gen II? I seem to recall earlier in the thread that the cars have different tranny oil requirements due to the internals being different (different materials being used).

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Was the new oil specs for a Gen I or a Gen II? I seem to recall earlier in the thread that the cars have different tranny oil requirements due to the internals being different (different materials being used).
    You are right @allo80 different tranny oil. We don't really know if he drives gen 1 or gen 2
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Great now I'm stuck again. Might just hold off on the Trans oil and do it myself when there's some clarification

Peter "SLIXX"

5. Default

yeah i got it direct from my mazda dealer down here at oldmac mazda cleveland they are really good, not 100% sure on the gen 2 but for me (gen 1) has made a world of difference, the updated service bulletin is dated 2008

alot of gen 2 runs something very similar vmax80 which is the same viscosity but mineral based insted of synthetic, if you have a good mazda service centre near you just go in and chat to the service manager they are very knowledgeable and will be able to reccoment the best for your car. ps im am a massive fan of your ride slixx
    Last edited by 01KDT; 22-04-2013 at 04:15 PM.

6. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5095.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	14018

Thanks @01KDT

I have a great service manager and I'll take your advice

Thanks

Peter "SLIXX"

8. Default

Hi All,

I was looking to replace all the oils in my gearbox, diff and transfer case.
    Judgin by the responses in this thread most people seem to rate the Penrite Fully synthetic 75W-90.
    Can anyone confirm if it is suitable for use in all the above (gearbox, diff and transfer case).
    Or should it only be used in the gearbox?

Cheers

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    Hi All,

I was looking to replace all the oils in my gearbox, diff and transfer case.
    Judgin by the responses in this thread most people seem to rate the Penrite Fully synthetic 75W-90.
    Can anyone confirm if it is suitable for use in all the above (gearbox, diff and transfer case).
    Or should it only be used in the gearbox?

Cheers
    Checking on the Penrite site, the TRANS GEAR 75W-90 is not suitable for limited slip differentials. Strangely, the specific fluid for diff is "combined trans"...

Go figure?
    Check the right model fluids here:
    Penrite Australia - NetLube
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

10. Default

Interesting.
    I am assuming the rear diff is listed under the "4WD differential" category.
    It recommends 80W-90 Gear oil for the "4WD Diff".

has anyone used any of the fluids recommended by the Penrite webiste?
    The penrite recommendations appear to all be semi-synthetic or mineral oils.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Checking on the Penrite site, the TRANS GEAR 75W-90 is not suitable for limited slip differentials. Strangely, the specific fluid for diff is "combined trans"...

Go figure?
    Check the right model fluids here:
    Penrite Australia - NetLube

Default The definitive gearbox oil thread

Car: 2000 3 MPS GenII
    Oil Brand: Penrite Progear Full Syn
    Type / Viscosity: 75w85
    K’s on vehicle at time of change: 80000
    Oil change number: 1
    “Woong Woong” Factor out of 10: 10
    Comments:
    Definitive!
    My Mazda service centre recommended and replaced my Trans fluid with Penrite Progear 75w85
    I have a 2009 3MPS GenII. Never really have any real issue with the gear box, but changed it as it was spoken about here
    Wow. What a difference. You have to do it!
    No Wong Wong, smooth like butter. It changes so easy even when changing hard

No more 3rd gear misses. No more hard to get to 1st gear either

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 24-04-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

12. Default

Car: 2009 3 MPS GenII
    Oil Brand: Penrite Progear 75W-85
    K’s on vehicle at time of change: 76000
    Oil change number: 4
    Woong Woong: 10/10
    @slixx have to agree with you, this is great oil. Had the Castrol Syntrans dropped (was good when warm but still a bit crunchy when cold). So I've tried them all basically - Stock oil < VMX80 < Penrite Syn < Castrol Syntrans < Penrite Pro Gear.

13. Default

K’s on vehicle at time of change: 38500
    Oil change number: 1(first one I've don)
    Woong Woong: 7/10( My first and second gears are still a PITA, other gears have definitely improved)

As stated above, other gears have definitely improved however first and second one still a pain. Any other suggestions on improving.

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    K’s on vehicle at time of change: 38500
    Oil change number: 1(first one I've don)
    Woong Woong: 7/10( My first and second gears are still a PITA, other gears have definitely improved)

As stated above, other gears have definitely improved however first and second one still a pain. Any other suggestions on improving.
    After changing to this, I felt 100% improvement
    1st-2nd are a little stuff when cold, but after 2-3mins I felt heaps of improvement

Coupled with changing the transmission engine mount with a CS insert and of course the Rear engine mount as well as changing the running gear (SSP, CounterWeight and Anchors) had vastly changed the way the car changes gear from stock

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    After changing to this, I felt 100% improvement
    1st-2nd are a little stuff when cold, but after 2-3mins I felt heaps of improvement

Coupled with changing the transmission engine mount with a CS insert and of course the Rear engine mount as well as changing the running gear (SSP, CounterWeight and Anchors) had vastly changed the way the car changes gear from stock
    Thanks Pete, I'll give that a try..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

16. Default

@gurusev Also try adjusting the shifter cable that's what fixed my 1-2 shift

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 01KDT View Post
    @gurusev Also try adjusting the shifter cable that's what fixed my 1-2 shift
    Thanks for the suggestion mate, I'm not sure on how would i go one doing that..

Quote Originally Posted by gurusev View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion mate, I'm not sure on how would i go one doing that..

"This adjustment can be done if you're still stock, if you already have a JBARONE (jamiesplanetdotcom) Short Throw Shifter Plate, or Short Throw Shifter. Makes shifting very nice"

This should help you out.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

19. Default

hey guys noob question, is it advisable to fit new crush washers to gearbox, diff, transfer case when changing oils or is it okay to use the old ones?

20. Default

It's not part of the service schedule I don't think. I have to change my box oil again with my next service. Put in 75-90 stuff and have found out that it requires 75-85 after a memo to service departments??? Can someone confirm this for a Gen 1?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast