User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 Days to go!

As one who's just done this on my car Lex, it's definitely worth it.

Yes it's an investment in time (especially when the car's new and you just want to be driving it rather than watching stuff dry on the paint), however the end result is just stunning and the process itself is not complex at all.

As has been mentioned, have a look through the detailing section (Postman Dan's put up a brilliant how-to on the DIY paint protection) and also have a chat to Joel at ZAS.

Cannot recommend the process enough though

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Congrats on getting your car Lex! Good idea of doing the Prima paint protection, Postman Dan's looks bloody awesome up close and Dan's (Caffeine Fiend) came up just as good. You should check their pics out if you haven't already.
    I have just started using the ZAS proiducts and put simply, they rock! Enjoy the car and great colour you picked, Team VR will be so happy!!
    2009 3MPS Lux | Aluminium | 3M Black Tint | CES Racing SRI | 2XS SSP | 2XS/ CES Twin DP | 2XS TIP | 2XS FMIC | cp-e 75 duro REM | Turbosmart BPV | Sure Motorsports - Countershift & Anchors | Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Thanks Duglet, I'll post questions in the appropriate forums in future, wasn't really thinking straight with all the excitement.

Thanks Fiend and steinez for the encouragement and pointers to info, I have no problem investing the time with this car, I love it. Have contacted Joel and will place my order today.

Thanks all, I'll see you in the regular forums.

Lex

Hi Lex,

Mine has her birthday on the 14th of this month. I didn't invest in paint protection when I bought it as I wasn't sure it was worth doing at the time. I've since purchased the paint protection kit from ZAS and am going to have a go at the process over the Christmas break. Luckily I have PostmanDan just down the road in case I stuff something up . Dan's write up is very helpful though so I'm sure I'll be fine!

I've been using Prima Hydro every fourth or so wash and Slick after every wash for the last 9 months or so. The products are amazing, I can't rave enough about them!!!!
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Hi Leelu

Happy B'day !!! She looks fantastic! Great colour choice too...

I didn't get the paint protection either, luckily I had already browsed around here and read about the experiences others had so didn't bother. Thanks to all the rave reviews I went and bought the ZAS paint protection kit as well. Looks like we are doing the same thing over the Xmas break Lucky you having 'the man' so close by to help out, I'll make sure I study his guide properly before starting.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12