User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputable Repairer (ALL STATES)

Default Reputable Repairer (ALL STATES)

The place to find a reputable repairer for your car. If possible nominate as a preferred repairer in the event of a claim to your insurance. Any and all replys most welcome to obtain enough data to put at least a couple of recommendations per state. Any replies I'll amend this first post to include so the most data is contained on page 1, no missing overlooking or digging through pages to find, international members welcome, I know we have a couple of NZ members on here. Also, If you would like to be added onto the referred list, can do, the more referrals the better.

To be directed to recommended vehicle servicing click here --> Reputable Mechanic/Exhaust/Tune places

Reply template
    Name of Workshop:
    Website/Email:
    Full Address incl state:
    Phone Contact:
    History/Nature of repair:
    Recommended by:

WA
    Werner Panelbeaters
    242 Treasure Rd, Welshpool, WA
    (08) 94582137
    Family friends, always fixed our cars always done a good job.
    Run by 3 South African brothers, they have awesome condition personal project cars
    Recommended by Rogwick, Rogwick's Family Vehicles

Leighton Panel and Paint
    3 Point Walter Rd, Bicton WA 6157
    (08) 9339 3888
    For Mazda paint jobs and colour matching. They do all of Melville Mazda's work. Sensible rates, clean workshop, A1 Preferred Repairer rating by insurance companies.
    Recommended by Doug_MPS6

NSW
    Premier Panel Beating
    www.premierpanelbeating.com.au
    65 - 67 Rosedale Avenue, Greenacre NSW
    Recommended by @Jmac, @MattMPS3, @SarcasticOne

Hume Smash Repairs
    info@humesmashrepairs.com.au
    24-26 Hollywood Drive, Lansvale NSW
    (02) 9727 6788
    These guys fixed my wifes blue Corolla (2010). Had back tailgate and bumper replaced. Came recommended by the MX5 and Rexy Forums.
    Car was cleaned and vacuumed when I picked it up. Few weeks later noticed the paint on tailgate was a bit darker than rest of the car under certain light conditions.
    After speaking to Cton, rang up and spoke to the boss and he was quite shocked that it wasn’t picked up beforehand.
    Told me to bring back the car and they would offer a hire car for the inconvenience. Few days and it was good as gold.
    Recommended by Sabrelli

Hornsby City Smash Repairs
    43 Jersey Street, Hornsby, NSW
    (02) 9476 2077
    Referred by Tomo89aus

Scotts Paint and Panel
    u5/8 Wilmette Place, Mona Vale, NSW
    02 9979 6799
    Referred by Logan, Cton

Dents and Dings
    danielb@dentsdings.com.au
    Mobile Service Hoxton Park, NSW
    Daniel 0419 490 794
    History/Nature of repair: PDR on dented bonnet
    Referred by AlTee

QLD
    Grand Prix Mazda Panel & Paint
    panel@grandprixmazda.com.au
    32 Matheson St, Virginia QLD
    (07) 3265 6255
    They replaced my door skin on the rear passenger and sprayed 3/4's of one side perfect match for a True Red Car
    See the work done here...Official-crash-thread
    Recommended by 240MPS

VIC
    Euro Panels Geelong
    12 Hede Street South Geelong, VIC
    Ask of Pete Druggeri (say Dennis with the MPS sent you)
    Great work. My car came out better than even before it had hail damage on it. No hassle with insurance claims. Did all that for me.
    Recommended by Mech81

SMART (Small Accident Repair Technology) - Minor damage repairs (scratches, stone chips, small dents etc)[COLOR=red]
    SMART - Small Accident Repair Technology
    Mobile service (Head office in Canterbury, Vic)
    1300 946 677
    Used these guys to fix some minor paint damage to the front LHS of my bumper. Was a 10cm scratch down to the black poly. Booked them only a few days in advance. The guy rocked up in his van on time with all the kit in it (including paint tinting gear). He worked on my car while it was in the garage. Took him about 2 hours to rub the scratch back, prep and mask off the area, colour-match the paint (he didn't trust the tint that was in his system, so took some extra time to tweak it), spray, clear coat, and then quick dry with IR heat lamps. The finish was brilliant. Would never know there was a scratch there. Colour match was spot on and clear coat was impeccably smooth. All in all the cost was $200. Very pleased with the work done.

Word of warning though. If you do get this done (with any of these mobile services), throw some sheets over the car to avoid any overspray getting on other panels. I did notice some overspray on the bonnet and roof in particular, which left the paint surface rough. Some Meguiars Ultimate Compound and a little elbow grease took it right off though. Will be throwing sheets over the car though if I get them back in the future
    Recommended by Caffeine Fiend

SA

NT

ACT

NZ
    Last edited by Jmac; 10-09-2012 at 12:07 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Love your work! Premier smash repairs in greenacre nsw. I'll get address and numbers fr you when I'm home

Cheers Justin but this one was Mech81's idea! I think both threads should prove quite useful, especially for new owners or those who want mods installed.
    Sure no worries, feel free to add details directly into the first thread if you like, if not just post them below and I'll pretty them up and insert to first post when I find time.

Grand Prix Mazda Panel & Paint

Panel Beaters & Painters - Virginia, QLD

(07) 3265 6255

Address
    32 Matheson St, Virginia QLD 4014
    panel@grandprixmazda.com.au

Well they replaced my door skin on the rear passenger and sprayed 3/4's of one side perfect match for a True Red Car
    Last edited by 240MPS; 30-11-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Cheers Rino, also added a link to a few shots you posted of the work carried out. Glad to hear you can recommend them!

NSW
    Hume Smash Repairs
    24-26 Hollywood Drive
    Lansvale 2166
    (02) 9727 6788
    info@humesmashrepairs.com.au

These guys fixed my wifes blue Corolla (2010). Had back tailgate and bumper replaced.

Came recommended by the MX5 and Rexy Forums.

Car was cleaned and vacuumed when I picked it up.

Few weeks later noticed the paint on tailgate was a bit darker than rest of the car under certain light conditions.

After speaking to Cton, rang up and spoke to the boss and he was quite shocked that it wasn’t picked up beforehand.

Told me to bring back the car and they would offer a hire car for the inconvenience.

Few days and it was good as gold.

The place Cton works they (read He) did a great job on the scratch on my VR Gen 2 that it had on the lower front bumper. Great colour match as well.

Scotts Paint and Panel
    u5/8 Wilmette Place
    Mona Vale
    02 9979 6799

Thanks Andy, I assume Scotts Panel & Paint is in NSW (I've added under that heading)
    Good work and obviously keep up the good work Cton!!

Name of Workshop: SMART (Small Accident Repair Technology) - Minor damage repairs (scratches, stone chips, small dents etc)
    Website/Email: SMART - Small Accident Repair Technology
    Full Address incl state:
    Mobile service (Head office in Canterbury, Vic)
    Phone Contact:
    1300 946 677
    History/Nature of repair: Used these guys to fix some minor paint damage to the front LHS of my bumper. Was a 10cm scratch down to the black poly. Booked them only a few days in advance. The guy rocked up in his van on time with all the kit in it (including paint tinting gear). He worked on my car while it was in the garage. Took him about 2 hours to rub the scratch back, prep and mask off the area, colour-match the paint (he didn't trust the tint that was in his system, so took some extra time to tweak it), spray, clear coat, and then quick dry with IR heat lamps. The finish was brilliant. Would never know there was a scratch there. Colour match was spot on and clear coat was impeccably smooth. All in all the cost was $200. Very pleased with the work done.

Word of warning though. If you do get this done (with any of these mobile services), throw some sheets over the car to avoid any overspray getting on other panels. I did notice some overspray on the bonnet and roof in particular, which left the paint surface rough. Some Meguiars Ultimate Compound and a little elbow grease took it right off though. Will be throwing sheets over the car though if I get them back in the future

Recommended by:
    Caffeine Fiend
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 16-12-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Thanks Dan, SMART added, sounds like a great job for a cheap price too!

Good idea ROG. I can add Leighton Panel and Paint in Myaree WA for Mazda paint jobs and colour matching. They do all of Melville Mazda's work. Available on 93393888. Sensible rates, clean workshop, A1 Preferred Repairer rating by insurance companies.

Thanks Doug, I'll edit the details in when I find some time. Might look into getting the chips done of mine prior to sale or something

Blog Entries

I have to add AFM in Osborne Park. They do all the work for Jason Mazda and have done work on my car (twice). Hail damage repair was fantastic. Phil Foster doesn't take on too much work so you will need to tell him that you have been referred by me.

Unfortunately I heard the Werner brothers have hung up the tools in Welshpool WA smash repairer so edited the first post accordingly

As suggested by mech81 also adding to this consolidated thread:

Name of Workshop: Dents and Dings
    Website/Email: danielb@dentsdings.com.au
    Full Address incl state: Mobile Service Hoxton Park, NSW
    Phone Contact: Daniel 0419 490 794
    History/Nature of repair: PDR on dented bonnet
    Recommended by: AlTee

Daniel was on time, revised his quote down upon seeing damage less than he thought (originally quoted by emailed photo) and most importantly bonnet look like new.

Added. Cheers

BCM SMASH Moorooka. Brisbane. Nice guys, good work, but don't rush them or they forget to put your reverse sensor system back together. :-/

South East Smash Repairs Coopers Plains Brisbane. My preferred so far. Manager very approachable. Painted my head light eyelids for free during last repair.

Not really a panel beater or repairer but good for Mazda parts and spares. I just picked my rear bumper from this place at a competitive price. They were the only Mazda wrecker/parts store that had it at the time so worth looking into if you're struggling to find parts especially for our MPS's.

Name of Workshop:
    Maz Motor Wreckers
    Website/Email:
    http://www.mazmotors.com.au/index.html
    Full Address incl state:
    34-36 Adelaide Street, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Phone Contact: 9706 9444
    History/Nature of repair:
    Mazda parts and wreckers
    Recommended by:
    ppham
    Last edited by ppham; 29-07-2013 at 04:18 PM.

I just had a good experience with the service team at Mazda Maitland, they said 11am pick up got a text at 11:05 to say it was done. Done wheel balance, alignment, tread depth brake/suspension test and graph read out, new wiper blades, quoted me up for next service on the invoice all for $310. Great staff friendly, attended me straight away no fussing about... very happy

Ooookay everyone calm down and keep it on topic please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast