User Tag List

Thread: My First Mod - MZR SRI

Wink My First Mod - MZR SRI

HI everyone,

It's been just 1500kms on my 3MPS and after reading some of the threads and taking into consideration the good value for money of the MZR SRI, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore to do my first mod.

I've gone an ordered the MZR SRI today from DISIMS3 (Tim). I'm hoping it's a good decision.

Will post some pics and impressions when it's installed.

Still not sure about servicing though. Maybe I'll just swap it with the stock air box when services are due.

2. Default

I've got one of these SRIs, the noise is impressive, once the boost is up you can play tunes on it by plaing with the throttle .

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    HI everyone,

It's been just 1500kms on my 3MPS and after reading some of the threads and taking into consideration the good value for money of the MZR SRI, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore to do my first mod.

I've gone an ordered the MZR SRI today from DISIMS3 (Tim). I'm hoping it's a good decision.

Still not sure about servicing though. Maybe I'll just swap it with the stock air box when services are due.
    Let us know how you go with this naasif. I looked at buying the unit Dessa had for sale but he couldn't confirm for me whether it would run CEL-free on a Gen 2 (he didn't have the revised unit on the car long enough)

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

You wont be disappointed, I've had mine on for about 4 months and love the sound.

No CEL whatsoever, I left it on for my 10,000 service too and nothing was said.

Have had mine one on for probably 10k's now as well. Nice induction noise and definitely a quicker pick up lower down in the range I found.

No problems from Eurocars Mazda I have found re servicing etc.

Took me and a mate about a hour to do but I am like the least mechanically able person on this planet.

Edit: not had a single CEL either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting for the package to arrive Hopefully tomorrow or Friday.

I'm glad to hear there has been no CEL either and Logon, I'm definately not mechanically inclined. I've asked a friend of mine (who races cars and is mechanically inclined) to help when it arrives

As yet the wife doesn't know of the mod ...I wonder if she will notice the noise once its installed

The 2XS short shift plate is due to arrive any day now as well. I might do both mods at the same time.

As yet the wife doesn't know of the mod ...I wonder if she will notice the noise once its installed

You will not regret, I also failed to mention to the wife and when she took car to work she rang me up to say the engine was making a strange whistling noise. Since it has been fitted had car serviced twice by local Maza dealer and no problems.

HI everyone,

You will not be disappionted with Tim,s product or his service & value for money All the Fnq guys run his SRI'S & pod filters with no problems at all , I wouldn't bother changing it back for a sevice no need you won't get any drama's so just enjoy the induction sound & extra performance gains. Can't guarantee the same for the head cook & bottle washer though

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by mickyj View Post
    I also failed to mention to the wife and when she took car to work she rang me up to say the engine was making a strange whistling noise.
    Hahahaha gold
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Update !

MSZ SRI is in, just 1hr ago. My mechanically inclined friend helped put it in. There is very little room to move around the turbo inlet, so we used the clamp from the original hose. It was easier to reach the fastening bolt this way.

So far it's sitting quite nicely, and doesn't seem to move much. On engine start and normal idle you don't notice any 'extra' sound, which is good. I didn't want it to be noticeable just standing at traffic lights.

I then drove from work to home (about 10 minutes) so haven't had a good run it in yet. As you give it a bit of throttle and the boost starts to wind up the sound becomes noticeable and sounds nice Not too loud ... and not too soft.

I suspect the ECU has to "learn" that the air intake has changed ? At the moment, the pull felt a little sluggish. Maybe because the air is quite warm out my way (reached 29c this afternoon) or the ECU hasn't adjusted to it yet ?

I'll drive again in the morning when it's cooler and take a pic of the engine bay. My wife has taken the car this evening to visit some friends. Wonder if she will notice ?

The 2XS SSP didn't arrive in time to get installed this afternoon. Will have to do that during the week.

Here are some pics I took today.

I've turned the air intake plastic pipe that previously fed the original air box upside down so the pipe feeds air up and into the pod filter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7920small.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	6667Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7909small.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	6668

Driving today it feels quite good. Pull is much quicker and you can really hear the air suuuck in

The weather is much cooler my way too today.

sorry to bring up an old thread , but did you purchase the TIP aswell? I'm thinking of buying the SRI+TIP+test pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    sorry to bring up an old thread , but did you purchase the TIP aswell? I'm thinking of buying the SRI+TIP+test pipe.
    Mickyj recently installed MZR Performance's (Tim's) TIP and is more than happy with it. Check out Mickyj's thread on it.

Sorry I can't give you a link to it; I'm on Tapatalk.

No didn't install a TIP, just the SRI