User Tag List

Thread: Autoglym Products

Default Autoglym Products

Hey,

Am looking for good quality cleaning products for my car. I have used autoglym before and loved the results.

Was wondering if anyone has has used autoglym products and what they thought of it. Also is there a better product out there which is around the same price?

AutoGlym is the shitz nitz of cleaning products.

Back in 04 I had entered my good ol Teg into the Melb AutoSalon, a few nights prior to the even I had spray painted the brake calipers in a real bright red, me the dummy didn't think about placing a cover on the car so the over spray went all over the thing and at the show an AutoGlym rep came up to me saying he could get it all out....

He said he wanted to do a Demo on my car to show people how good their products are, he went ahead with it all and used just about every product in their range on my car, point of the story is that the can looked like it had just come out of the dealer even tho the paint back then was roughly 14yrs old and all the work had been done within 40-60mins...

One things I like in particular about their polishes is that when you apply it, it doesn't go all think and hard as to make buffing a pain in the back side, you can do a whole panel and then buff it off in one go with minimal effort, also it provides great protection from the elements, makes washing your car much easier if you give it a buff every few months as it keeps the paint nice and smooth.

I have been using it ever since that AutoSalon and wont use anything else, I know I may start to sound like a product rep for them but I'm seriously happy with their products and for the price of some of the stuff it is totally worth it.

Even my missus will agree since I've just recently given her Velocity Red (metallic with plenty of pearl) a nice good polish with this stuff and she was stoked to see how shiny the whole car looked.

I've also just recently tried another product that was handed out to us at a recent OzMPS Dyno day by HPF, it's called VoodoRide and they have various products in their range, I've got the quick detailer and boy that thing is awesome!!!!

You can detail and clean just about anything, from plastic, interior trim, glass, leather, painted panels etc etc all from the one can, which apparently does your car 6-7 times over. It also came with a microfiber cloth and I love using it now for cleaning my interior and touching it up after I've given it a wash.

Fats, one of our site sponsors is Zen Automotive Supplies (ZAS).

They carry a huge range of top quality cleaning products and OZMPS members can buy at wholesale.

PM Joel at ZAS via the forums here and have a chat with him about what you need. He's very helpful

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan, I appreciate your help!. Like i said i was pretty impressed with the stuff, my ex used it on my car and it just looked amazing, even the feel of the car afterwoods. Wish i paid attention to what product it was that he used....lol i just remember the brand. I watched him polish the car and it looked so easy, wipe it on let it dry and wipe off...was amazed at how easy it came off!

No worries Fats

I use a couple of Prima products which are the same in application and give a spectacular finish. They're silicon-based spray products that you can use on wet or dry surfaces.

Prima Hydro: ZAS Car Detailing Products : Prima Hydro Spray Wax/Sealant 473ml

and

Prima Slick: ZAS Car Detailing Products : Prima Slick Polymer Fortified Quick Detailer 473ml

Hydro is a combined spray wax and sealant. Slick is more of a detailing product

I normally use Slick after each four washes, and then Hydro on the fifth wash. I also tend to use them on a dry surface (after patting the car dry with a waffle weave towel)

ZAS also do DIY paint protection products, which guys like Postman Dan have done and look incredible. I've got the kit at home. Just haven't had time to apply yet (to do properly it takes a good couple of days)

Dan
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 29-11-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

ZAS also do DIY paint protection products, which guys like Postman Dan have done and look incredible. I've got the kit at home. Just haven't had time to apply yet (to do properly it takes a good couple of days)

Dan[/QUOTE]

hmm, my problem is that i like watching someone do it for me while i have a couple of drinks lol.... Do we have any good detailers in VIC???

Another +1 for autoglym products.
    Every panelshop I've ever worked in used nothing but their products.

Really easy to use unlike some polish

Countrychic asked dad (rd415) what polish he uses on his pearl white mps as you could see a difference with her white Mazda 2.
    I believe she got some and they are now equally bright

IMO you don't need a detailer unless you're not much of a fussy owner like I am.

I've been known to have spent 2-3hrs cleaning my car, from washing it, to cleaning and detailing the interior and also doing the exterior, and most times even cleaning the door jabs and engine bay, boot and using plastic polish on my headlight/taillight lenses.

if you have patience and time on your hands you can yield great results!

Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    hmm, my problem is that i like watching someone do it for me while i have a couple of drinks lol.... Do we have any good detailers in VIC???
    There's always a certain appeal to watching others work while you kick back

On my car though I tend to do it all myself, but it's only because I'm sick and twisted and actually enjoy it

I think there are a couple of threads where guys have mentioned good detailers in Melb though

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

If you want a good detailer in Melbourne then I can recommend Eurogloss Prestige.

A good job doesn't come cheap though. And he doesn't use Autoglym I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    There's always a certain appeal to watching others work while you kick back

On my car though I tend to do it all myself, but it's only because I'm sick and twisted and actually enjoy it

I think there are a couple of threads where guys have mentioned good detailers in Melb though

^^^^ +1 in a twisted way too!!!

I think it has something to do with the before and after effect???

The only downside to washing/detailing your own car, for me anyway, is that you get to see all the new stone chips and scratches. Seems like I'm finding a new one every week lately

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    If you want a good detailer in Melbourne then I can recommend Eurogloss Prestige.

A good job doesn't come cheap though. And he doesn't use Autoglym I'm sorry

Thanks for that

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    The only downside to washing/detailing your own car, for me anyway, is that you get to see all the new stone chips and scratches. Seems like I'm finding a new one every week lately

Yeah true, i notice all the stone chips and straches without washing it myself....if i did wash and polish it myself i think i would get upset every time

Hi Fats.
    I have used many of the AutoGlym products, and have always been very pleased with the results.
    I even use some of them when polishing gloss black pianos for very fussy clients.
    The easiest product to use is their Super Resin Polish- wipe on, bit of elbow grease, buff off. All just using good quality microfibre cloths.
    Always check the cloth to make sure there is no debris caught in the fibres.
    If the paintwork needs a bit of a cut before polishing, Autoglym Paint Renovator is worth trying. Just always use less than you think you may need.

Check out ZAS' products. I have recently done the DIY opticoat and am very happy with the results.
    Joel from ZAS is very helpful, with a swag of tips and techniques to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    IMO you don't need a detailer unless you're not much of a fussy owner like I am.

I've been known to have spent 2-3hrs cleaning my car, from washing it, to cleaning and detailing the interior and also doing the exterior, and most times even cleaning the door jabs and engine bay, boot and using plastic polish on my headlight/taillight lenses.

if you have patience and time on your hands you can yield great results!
    Yeah, when i do a wax which is 2 - 3 times a year takes me no shit about 12 hours from washing to clay bar->Pre wax cleaner->Polish->Extra Gloss protection-> ScratchX where needed-> Hand Wax... Along with taping up the rubbers around the windows takes time. Here's a tip for windows instead of using Rain-X... I've never used Rain-X but im so happy with the result i personally wouldn't see much better gain with rain-x. Anyway I use Autogylm Polish on my windows let it sit for 20 min then wipe off, it runs and beads so easy its a joke lol, at about 80km/h there is very little need for wipers the water just runs off.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

^^^ Yep the sales rep at the AutoSalon had told me the same and every time I've bought a bottle of the super resin polish I wack it on the window glass as well. It works a real treat and like you said don't need wipers as much coz the water just beads off!!!

The is also a window polish which has been specifically been made for glass, that way you have one bottle to do the panels and the other for your windows.

Oh also yesterday after picking up my car form Mazda with the missus I noticed how dirty her car is (melb weather) yet still how shiny it has staid, my car is the same since I did mine straight after I finished with hers!

Believe me I was so bloody sore after doing two cars in one day!!!

Just picked up some autoglym Ultra Deep Shine from Repco on sale for $30 !! Weekend job locked in......if it stops raining.

Is this the same company that offers rust protection against positive electrons?

X-pack paint and rust protection...
    edit, NVM, that's motorone
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 03-12-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Quickly did my mates driver's side panel on his dark green BA XR8 Ute and he straight away went to Autoranch and bought a bottle of resin polish! hahaha lol

What can I say he was really impressed