User Tag List

Thread: Yellow paint marks under bonnet

Default Yellow paint marks under bonnet

Hi there
    a question to all mps owners does any one know what the yellow paint blobs on diffrent componants mean? i have noticed 4 on my car i assume that they are there to identify work that has been carried out on the car. I was wondering if any body could confirm this for me? i have a mps 6 Dec 2005 build with 77,000kms i had the new clutch set up at 50,000km so i assume the yellow blob of paint in the gear linkage is to show that.
    there is also 1 yellow blob at either end of the engine breather pipe and the last one i have is on the power stearing pump. Could some one help me with is matter?

Thanks

Those blobs of yours sound like odd ones, possibly related to a particular part series, but often they are on critical bolts and nuts, across the fixed and movable junction, to assist with identifying any loosening. I use my own red compound to achieve this.

I've always assumed it is OEM parts and also part of the quality assurance when the vehicle is built. The more parts with paint work on them the better. It signifies its all genuine stock quality parts. Don't quote me on it, it's just a personal thought...Some mechanics may apply paint on parts to identify modifications etc? Grajy might be able to help you out with you question